Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Tomb Raider Legend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tomb Raider 7 (Legend)
  that's right - it's number 7 (on playstation)
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:07 pm
Tomb Raider Legend is one of the better games in the series.
It's also one of the shortest.
The graphics are top-notch, though the headset chatter can get anoying if you have to replay a section a lot.

The cutscenes are meshed with the gameplay very well.
The movements are fluid so that it's easy to do the acrobatics in the game.
The puzzles are clever, very fun, and not too hard.
The secrets are easy to find except for a few, though the extras can only really be used after the games completion.
The "Time Trials" are challenging but not impossible if you don't panic and you can get the bulletproof cheat from england's timetrial first.
(then the "one hit kill" from the final levels timetrial)
It's enjoyable to replay and you don't have to wait for the cutscenes everytime.

This time around you have a very limited backpack size.
Only 3 medkits are allowed and ONE extra gun.
There is only one medkit size, but you do once again have unlimited handgun ammo.
Unlike all other tomb raiders (except - angel of darkness), there is no BIG BACKTRACK, and no point in which you lose all your stuff.
The house is back though, and listed as it's own level and even has it's own secrets. (though no time trial)
There are "in story" vehicle races and even a flashback section where you learn more about her past. (OK no weapons here - not that it would help - the only opponent can't be killed)
There are a number of "quick time scenes" where you have to hit the right button soon enough or die, but the frequent checkpoints prevent you from having to play the whole level again. Just save before you stop and you won't lose anything. (before that last checkpoint)

You do have to watch at least the first movie to know who her helpers are though.
And like I said, this is the shortest tomb raider game.
(on playstation anyway)

The bosses aren't that hard if you know what to do and take your time.
As for the storyline, I'll just say that this time, Lara's after King Arthur's sword, the Excalibur.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 pm
It sounds fun. 3nodding I do hate background chatter and quick time events, but I'll give it a try for Lara. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces