Malstrom is amazing journalist; Kent Bashes GoNintendo.com

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:58 am
This. Read it. It makes so much sense and brings up so many points I hadn't even thought of.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:07 am
I think a lot of video game journalism is a joke for the very reasons this article states. They need to give the info about the games and shut the hell up with their bias. Give the straight facts for Christ's sake, and don't act like a douche to readers. xd  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:11 am
Owwin
I think a lot of video game journalism is a joke for the very reasons this article states. They need to give the info about the games and shut the hell up with their bias. Give the straight facts for Christ's sake, and don't act like a douche to readers. xd
Write for people, not just for other hardcore gamers and journalists.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:15 am
Meta_Fish
Owwin
They should dedicate their time steering people to the actual good casual games and away from the shovelware. Then maybe developers wouldn't make so many shitty knock off games and would devote more time to making games that even the hardcore audience could enjoy. Tell the people!

More Wii Fit and WarioWare, less carnival games wii.  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:17 am
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin
They should dedicate their time steering people to the actual good casual games and away from the shovelware. Then maybe developers wouldn't make so many shitty knock off games and would devote more time to making games that even the hardcore audience could enjoy. Tell the people!
Holy crap, you're doing something. You're making sense! What will happen if this gets out? Dear lord.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:21 am
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Holy crap, you're doing something. You're making sense! What will happen if this gets out? Dear lord.
I gotta say I do really want the next installments of all of Nintendo's major franchises to come out, I like the hardcore. F Zero, Pikmin, Starfox, A new Donkey Kong (for teh love of God) but I don't blame casual gamers. I blame developers that make knockoff games!

I bought a Wii looking for hardcore style games that aren't just shooters, sports games and racing games. I found some pretty cool casual games that I can play with my family and we all love. (WARIOWARE!) But I still crave some hardcore stuff. I think 2009 is gonna be good for that though. Monster Hunter tri~  

Owwin

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:27 am
I'm half reading, half skimming, and he's good, but one thing. He's bringing up the mentioning of Motion plus a bit too much. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but Motion Plus might not be the saving grace this guy thinks it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:49 am
Owwin

Thank you!

That's what I say. My comment on Gonintendo was even something along that lines. I said something like:

Hey guys wanna hear a joke?

unbiased videogame journalism

bahahahaah  

Waynebrizzle

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 am
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin
I gotta say I do really want the next installments of all of Nintendo's major franchises to come out, I like the hardcore. F Zero, Pikmin, Starfox, A new Donkey Kong (for teh love of God) but I don't blame casual gamers. I blame developers that make knockoff games!

I bought a Wii looking for hardcore style games that aren't just shooters, sports games and racing games. I found some pretty cool casual games that I can play with my family and we all love. (WARIOWARE!) But I still crave some hardcore stuff. I think 2009 is gonna be good for that though. Monster Hunter tri~
this is everything I think.

except with more sex, and violence.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:07 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin
Meta_Fish
Owwin

this is everything I think.

except with more sex, and violence.

Some thought into all the things above would help?.  

Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:42 am
That basher fails at bashing confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:57 am
Owwin
You have to think though, Owwin. We're hardly more than two years in, and look at all of the main installments we have already, along with great expanded audience games that you and I can both enjoy, along with some new IPs, and some different things that don't really seem very Nintendo-like (Art Style series, Excite Truck, etc.)

Owwin
Friggin' PANCH-OUTTTTTT

auS-e-Dude
I'm half reading, half skimming, and he's good, but one thing. He's bringing up the mentioning of Motion plus a bit too much. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but Motion Plus might not be the saving grace this guy thinks it is.
I went back and reread that part, and I can only recommend that you do the same, for context.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:38 pm
Tatsu approves.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm
Meta_Fish
You have to think though, Owwin. We're hardly more than two years in, and look at all of the main installments we have already, along with great expanded audience games that you and I can both enjoy, along with some new IPs, and some different things that don't really seem very Nintendo-like (Art Style series, Excite Truck, etc.)
I already played all of the main installments though, I want more. crying (plus Twilight Princess was a letdown) I think my problem is that I never see the publicity for those independent projects, and I still don't have my friggin WEP key (CHARTER!) so I don't get to play all of the Wii ware stuff.
Meta_Fish
Friggin' PANCH-OUTTTTTT
That has a 2009 release date? YAY!  

Owwin

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:24 pm
Owwin
Meta_Fish
I already played all of the main installments though, I want more. crying (plus Twilight Princess was a letdown) I think my problem is that I never see the publicity for those independent projects, and I still don't have my friggin WEP key (CHARTER!) so I don't get to play all of the Wii ware stuff.
There's some really good stuff online, man. And yeah, maybe we've played all of them, but I don't think Nintendo's ever pumped out their main franchises like this. XD

Owwin
Meta_Fish
Friggin' PANCH-OUTTTTTT
That has a 2009 release date? YAY!
Yes, hooray!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items