Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Harvest Moon and its many remakes and sequels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 pm
Let it begin  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:22 am
I think you got it in the wrong sub-forrum. LOL

But YEAH, I've heard alot about harvest moon.
I want to play purple's game but I haven't felt like playing it yet.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:51 pm
Now that we're in the proper subforum... xd

I've only played Save the Homeland, but I've heard that it's different from all the others. Anyway, I really liked it. It's simple and relaxing, and it really helped me de-stress at a particularly stressful time in my life. 3nodding I especially like how you're free to choose what to do on any given day.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:47 pm
I played a Harvest Moon for a little bit a friend loaned it to me. All I remember though was I wasn't impressed. sweatdrop

However, I picked up Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon (I think that's how it goes) And I've greatly enjoyed that game. You can set it down and pick it back up without having to remember how to do much or where your at to badly. It's really nice to kill time with and easily sucks you in.

I picked up Rune Factory Frontier for the Wii that's been a lot of fun though pieces of it I'm not a big fan of but eh it's still a good game. ^_^  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

The Tides Beholder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Yes! My favorites... well, the only two I've ever played, really, are:
Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland
and
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

YAY! heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Rune Factory has battles in it, right?  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm
Yup, you have to go into these "dungeons" which are caves in that particular game and battle monsters. However, once you get to a certain part and certain items you can befriend the monsters and have them work for you or collect things from them like eggs, honey, milk, and other such stuff.

It gives you a lot more time to explore dungeons and visit the towns people which is nice. I really enjoy the game because you can play it for awhile or set it down for say months on end then pick it up again easily. You don't have to do to much to remember where you were, what you were doing, or how to battle and such. I enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:14 am
Never played it but I have heard of it many, many times though. Some of my friends used to play it, I think.  

Emanation

Romantic Fairy

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:39 pm
I'm still working on the Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon. However, it's been very enjoyable but there are a couple of things that are proving to be a bit of a pain and that's space. You find a lot of items to make things but eventually you start to run out of room so you've got to decide what to keep and what to sell or throw away or whatever.

However, I took a break from the Rune Factory...crap can't remember the whole title...well the one for the Wii. The thing it has with the runies is a royal pain in the arse. You're more tending to the runies then you are exploring dungeons and stuff which isn't cool man! I wanna dungeon explore not tend to some spirits so my stuff with grow and such. But I guess it's still nice but still if it didn't have that one part I'd be way happier!  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games