Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Kabina ~Winged Fighters~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kikuka

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:32 am
"Mostly people barter, actually. Kabina does have it's own coins, but everyone accepts the currency of other clans here. It's all valued about the same, and since people here are generally laid back they don't mind correcting for the tiny differences in currency. I will warn you though - mostly they only accept coined money. And be prepared for a battle if you try to barter!" Aki moved her long tunic aside and reached into her breeches pocket, fishing around for some coins she carried on her.
A few clinking sounds later she pulled out a small handful of different sized, shaped, and colored coins. "Um, let's she..." She muttered as she pushed the coins around in her palm. She held up a large, copper, octagonal one. "This is one from the ten org," she pointed to the large roman numeral X on one side. Flipping the coin around she showed the back was stamped with a stack of books, and the very edge of the coin spelled out it's origins. Dropping the coin back into her hand she held up a thinner, multi metal coin. "This is actually one of Kabina's coins." She spun it around in her fingers to show that it's center was bronze and it's edges a very light gold. The side of the coin showed that the bronze was the center section, while the light gold rings made up the border on the faces of the coin. "Of course, one side is stamped with a flying dove." Aki smiled and showed him the impression. "Kabina coins are easy to spot, they're always stamped to have an impression, not a raised face." She handed it to him to inspect while she dropped the rest of her coins back into her pocket. "You can see the other side is a fleur de lis, which the castle is shaped like. Our coins have a lot of our history carried on them." Aki pointed out, giving him another little tidbit about Kabina's culture. "One side will always have the dove, and it's normally impressed into bronze. If not bronze the coins are silver, or the light gold you see here. The other side varies a lot though. This one may be a fleur-de-lis, but some have the town flag, some are the gates. Many visitors try to collect all the different coins." Aki smiled. She herself had gathered each of the different faces when she was a young girl. "This coin here is the highest value, despite it being mostly bronze. The gold coins are the smallest, about the size of my thumbnail. The silver are a bit larger than this bronze and gold one, but it's a tad thinner. Plain bronze coins are hexagons, and about as thick as the bronze and gold you're holding."
Aki blushed, realizing she'd nearly told him an entire history of Kabina currency. "Oh, sorry! To answer your question, yes, we have our own currency, but you can use whatever currency you have, so long as its coined money. Bartering is always an option as well."

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:48 pm
Vayne listned to every word, always eager for more information. As Aki told more and more of their own currency, Vayne only nodded and smiled. When she pulled out the coins and handed him the Kalbina coin he looked at it with interest. As he looked at the coin he was still listning intently. As she finished up the lesson Vayne smiled as she blushed and answered his question.
He handed the coin back and with a small smile said "Then please excuse me for a moment, Aki" This time the name came out with alomst no hesitation. He left for the small stand and after pulling out a small silver ring and showing it to the tailor started a small argue. The coversation went from Vayne to the tailor and back for many minutes. Bits and pieces came from them "Real silver"..."silk"..."more than enough"..."made from"...after this went on the Tailor finally gave in and traded the green cloak for the ring. After putting the new cloak and selling the old cloak for a meager price came back.Vayne had smile on his face, as he walked toward Aki. "I'm sorry to have left you, but this cloak...I-I couldn't resist" He said as a small embarressed smile on his face.  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm
Aki laughed when Vayne returned. She was smiling broadly, her eyes glinting with good humor. "It's quite alright, Vayne!" She told him, still giggling. "That was quite a show! Very impressive." Aki praised. "I've never seen anyone haggle and barter like that. I learned something just from watching!" She had the Kabina coin still in her hand, spinning it between her thumb and pointer finger idly.
"Kabina's craftsmen do wonderful work, don't they? I may be tooting my own horn, but... well, I'm biased, of course." She laughed good naturedly. "I'm glad to see you've found something you like. It really is a gorgeous cloak." She smiled, now absently flipping the coin into the air and catching it back in her palm. She began walking backwards, making her way up the street again. "Shall we?" With a tiny twitch of the hand she sent the coin spinning into the air to flip over Vayne's head, where it proceeded to land in the fountain with a small splash.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:39 am
Vayne watched as the coin landed in the fountain. He smiled and began to walk forward. "Aki I thank you for bringing me in, this city is wonderful!" he said while he extended his arms out. "The people are peaceful, the scenery is beautiful, a cute queen, it almost feels like a dream." he ended. He looked around once more before turning back to Aki. "Ah! Aki you never told me the responsibilities of being a member. I would like to know a soon as possible so i could get to work." Having been wandering for so long Vayne was ready to help any home that brough him in with open arms.  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:35 am
"The responsibility of a citizen of Kabina is simple, Vayne." Aki turned around to walk ahead, turning her head to talk over her shoulder to him. Her voice had taken a serious tone. "I think often people forget that. Kabina is a simple land, with simple people and simple happiness's." Her voice turned thoughtful. "Citizens in Kabina simply exist. Many people will say they exist for others, some will say they exist for themselves. The meaning is the same. Kabina is a place where people can simple be. Being a citizen means helping to up hold that. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?"
Aki fidgeted, rearranging her hat, and anxiously pushed her bangs aside. "I'm sorry if that's too cryptic. I have no idea of any better way to explain it. Existence has been Kabina's fight for so long..." Aki let out a shaky laugh. "I'm lucky this cloud is still in the sky with all that's happened here!"

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:54 pm
Vayne nodded his head. To simply be. To have no reason other than to stay alive. Vayne chuckled at himself. "To be...that sounds good. Oh! I'm sorry it looks like I took too much of your time already. If its okay with you I'll find a tree to lay under while you return to your duties. Once I'm well rested I'll start helping the city as much as I can." He said with a wide smile.  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:14 pm
Aki nodded. "I'll let you rest then. Would you like me to help you find a place to stay? There are many places here were you could rest comfortably." Aki gestured around. They were still in the shopping district, but just a bit ahead in the distance large signs with beds and mugs could be seen. They were approaching the inns and taverns district.
"If you would prefer to stay outdoors, I can point you in the direction of the large park here." Though there were trees and wildlife all throughout Kabina, there was one large district closer to the castle which was primarily still uninhabited forestation.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 pm
Vayne smiled and shook his head. "I thank you for the offer but I'll have to decline I wish to be in tune with nature. Sleeping in an inn would deprive me of that feeling. But I thank you very much for the offer."Vayne bowed in a show of respect and smiled."Plus I doubt I have the money to pay for a room"He said with a laugh.  

Rook500

Kikuka

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:13 pm
Aki could only smile and shrug. She reached under the folds of her tunic again and pulled a small fold of paper out of her pocket. She unfolded it to show that it was a small map of the Kabina city, from the gates to the castle. Aki pointed to a square. "This is the court with the fountain. We've walked up this way." She showed the way with her finger. There was a large portion of the map that started at the same place that the town split off to the castle. "This area here is the forested area I was telling you about. It's very peaceful there. I think you would enjoy it." She smiled at him and handed him the map. "You keep this. It'll help you find your way around. Also..." She flipped over a portion of it. "My contacts are here." She tapped a corner and shimmering letters appeared. There was a code word and a Morse code combination that one could whistle to call any of the birds in the area. All of the birds in Kabina, primarily the doves, reported to Aki with messages for her. "Use that and you can call me any time. If you loose it, ask any of the townspeople. They'll tell you how to reach me."
Aki shot him one last smile and unfurled her wings from their tight spot against her shoulder blades. The full sight of them was impressive, fluffy ivory tinged with gold. "I'll be seeing you, Vayne." She told him, and curtsied, despite being in breeches.
A breeze stirred as her wings lifted her into the air above the town. She held onto her hat and waved goodbye with her free hand. And then she was off, flying quickly back to her position at the gate.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm
Vayne stayed rooted to the spot, still in amazement from the sight. After the shock was over he shook his head and looked back at the map. He smiled and sighed. He was never good with maps, he would always get lost. What interested him more was the communication system. This city, he could tell, would be a very enjoyable experience. After looking at the map for awhile he took a path that should take him to the forest. But then again it always started off like this.  

Rook500

xXBeginnerXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:29 am
A small distance from the castle was a heavily reinforced workshop that was sound proofed to keep the noise within from disturbing its neibors. Inside, Beginner was hard at work, trying to develop a new engine that would run better. Like her previous model, this one would be a steam engine that ran on water and solar energy.

Finally, Beginner finished her project and loading it onto the flyer, she opened up the shops roof door and took off, giving her new engine a test run.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff