Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Additional features for guilds???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DO you think the guilds need additional features?
  Yes!!!!
  No!!!!
  Maybe, so?
View Results

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:58 am
The guilds designs have gotten old. The way the guilds are set up is kind of getting to be boring. Something must be done about this. There needs to be additional features added to the guild. And soon, too.

What do you think???  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:36 pm
If you look at the stickies, there's a whole thread with ideas we'd like to see implemented. From using the guild account to send Mass PM's to whole ideas about how things can be changed for the better.

All right, it's a lot of reading now but there's some interesting ideas in there.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 pm
Ya, it has grown a bit boring.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:29 am
It may be a little while in coming, but we have been promised an update. Just believe in the devs. We'll get the guilds in the limelight again!  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:32 pm
I won't hold my breath for those updates. With them laying off developers, I suspect we are going to go by the wayside. Has a developer even bothered to look at the stickies in a while- NOPE!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:37 pm
Nah. I still have faith. Hopefully, this faith will some day be rewarded. After all, maybe if we put all our hopes and dreams on them we could guilt trip them into finally doing it. heart  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:38 am
Therein lies the problem.

I'm cynical by nature but I REALLY want the updates! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:21 am
Gaia really does have a lot of conflics I guess.  

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:17 pm
I don't believe the question is whether we need the upgrades or not, I think the question is whether or not we need the upgrades they are trying to push off on us.

Seriously, do they actually seem like good ideas you want for your guilds?

The only things I want are Mass PMs, and the new post indication that there are replies in any given subforum.

But that's just me...and I just have an RPGuild, so that would come in handy for me...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:24 pm
Agreed. I think a mass PM feature would be the only feature I can say that I am interested in. I have no need for all these little shiny and slick looking features that do absolutely nothing but waste code space. It seems like the time could be better spent on figuring out why there are still screw ups with posting and log problems as I said in a previous thread.  

evilbrainbabies

Jacqueeeeline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 pm
I know this sorta has nothing to do with anything but Gaia really should fix the Permission erroes in sending messages "too soon". It wastes too much time!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:46 am
Ya, that is really annoying.  

Bestro Chen Beast Reaper

Friendly Giver

13,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

evilbrainbabies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:55 pm
It made sense to have that when bandwidth on the site was something that had to be monitored closely.. But that was like two years ago. With a CEO that is practically raking in lots of cash with all the damn ads that are thrown on the website(or at least I am going to assume with his track record of previous business, that is how he is making his cash) that there is plenty of server money and less issues of that nature... Esspecially with all the different servers they have for the most useless features... like the MTV shop >_>

But I digress my point, I would like them fix my upgrades from member to crew... I am the captain in a few guilds, if not vice captain. And I can't even upgrade a person's status because it tells me I need to log in... what the?!  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games