Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
New Features for Guilds - Sneak Peak! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 am
Is the 'back to registry' link going to be made bigger? At the minute I think it's too small.

Nice work so far, keep it up. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 am
Pilotslover
Quote:
Would you rather complain about a project being delayed, or about the end result of said project?

Complaining about the projects delay is pointless at least complaining about the end result has a chance of getting it changed ...

Quote:
Would you rather there be a delayed (albeit, crazy delayed) release of stuff you gave feedback on, or a release 2 years ago of a bunch of crap that you'd just complain about anyways?

That's the same question reworded ...

Yes, I know it's the same question reworded, but it makes you think of it in slightly different angles.

Quote:
And I've never said the staff are horrible ... never. I've bumped heads with them a couple of times but I don't mud sling like that ...

I wasn't referring to any specific persons, when I said that. I was referring to the general community. I've seen too many threads slamming Gaia in general. It's just so disheartening to me.

Also, you didn't sound harsh, I was controversial.  

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 pm
I miss the color, the rounded-ness...
This layout feels cold, boring, un-anime...

I know I like purple, but more than the color itself, it was color, not just black and white. Back to registry doesn't even have an image. I know, I will be one of the first to argue that Gaia is anti-dial-up; but there is a difference in making Gaia usable without images, or have images load faster, or the important images load first, and in making gaia feel cold, empty... soulless.

EDIT: Oh, and the fad out of the Guild forum button makes it look unclickable, instead of what area you are in. If you want a tabbed look, make them all look like tabs and bring it forward. Alternatively, you could just give it a glow, or a brighter color when you are in it.

EDIt 2: Quit guild and report guild, because they are moved, should look different or be more separated, like a different color button or like they were, in odd locations. I almost clicked report, and then almost quit, when I was looking for member list.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:54 pm
The only thing I dislike so far is that my computer screen isn't very wide... So the new version stretches the screen. Not that I'd use the buttons on the far right often, but still...

Other than that, I like what I've seen so far with the search. Finally been able to find a few guilds I didn't think existed. xd Well, maybe I just haven't checked in a while, but still. It made Mem a happy panda. Now, if only journals were search-able too...

Do let us know when you start getting close to a new feature! You've probably noticed, but we love a chance to rant and rave in here. xd

EDIT: A way to get back to my guilds or search guilds from the front page would be nice... Having to use the drop down each time can get a little annoying for me, even though it's not too difficult. I know there's a back to registry on the top, but it'd be nice to have a button directly linking to my guilds.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:12 pm
Memory try changing your resolution so it wont stretch the page ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 am
I think Mem is saying she is still on a full screen, the kind of monitor I would prefer. That said, I can see where even on the 7xx by 1xxx resolution, those buttons, if they refused to wrap, would stretch the screen.  

LillianSaire

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:54 pm
MemoryDragon
The only thing I dislike so far is that my computer screen isn't very wide... So the new version stretches the screen. Not that I'd use the buttons on the far right often, but still...

Other than that, I like what I've seen so far with the search. Finally been able to find a few guilds I didn't think existed. xd Well, maybe I just haven't checked in a while, but still. It made Mem a happy panda. Now, if only journals were search-able too...

Do let us know when you start getting close to a new feature! You've probably noticed, but we love a chance to rant and rave in here. xd

EDIT: A way to get back to my guilds or search guilds from the front page would be nice... Having to use the drop down each time can get a little annoying for me, even though it's not too difficult. I know there's a back to registry on the top, but it'd be nice to have a button directly linking to my guilds.

I've talked about this internally, and we're looking into how we can expand the min. size on all pages that have the smaller width. The issue is the guilds page (and others) was designed with static page size in mind and we would need to re-design the page to accommodate a larger min. size or expanding. For example, the browse section would have to have more spacing, etc for a wider screen.

Thanks for the suggestion!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 pm
We still want mass pm;ing for the guilds- why can't that be implemented? There is a program that allowed mass pm'ing from the mail page, so why not adjust that for guilds, and limit it to crew- or even captains/vice captains only?  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Bearded Unicorn

6,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:36 pm

as clans and guilds are almost the same thing, why don't you update them together?
Currently, the clans are a mess.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:49 am
grvl

as clans and guilds are almost the same thing, why don't you update them together?
Currently, the clans are a mess.

Because the clans are new ...

The guilds have been waiting for upgrades for years ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers