Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Why doesn't the wii "home" button work in cinamatics?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:31 pm
Something that I was wondering and totally don't understand. I dunno if any of you will know, but I was wondering if it bugs any of you guys much.

But seriously, what's the point of not letting you open the home menu durring cinamtics? can you think any benifit in that at all? I can't. But it would be very nice to be able to pause these cinamatics sometimes, like when I get an interuption and don't wanna miss anything, or if just wanna reset the game durring a cutscene for some reason(doesn't happen often, but sometimes I do)

Some games let you do that though, like zelda, and metroid prime.
But most games don't, 3 great games that come to mind are: no more heroes, tales of symphonia 2, and fire emblem radiant dawn.

unpausable cinatamatics have always been something I hated, but when I got the wii I thought, "cool a button that pauses the game to bring a home menu thingy, I bet I can use that durring cutscenes to pause them." "It doesn't work!? why the hell not!?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:57 pm
The developers are so proud of their masterful cinematography, that they do not want you pausing it with ANYTHING. Nah, I dunno. It can be annoying, but I don't think it's any big deal.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:08 pm
Unless there's some loading/saving process going on in the background, it's probably because they don't want you pausing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:15 pm
One reason: there's no arguing with devs.  

8Bit Jack

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:23 pm
I never understood why either. It's not a big issue, but the fact that it is an issue is dumb.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 pm
its a dad issue  

Xilo The Odd

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:52 pm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:26 pm
Ya, I just I don't see a reason why they would not want us to pause them. I find it very annoying when i'm in the middle of cinamatic, especially if it's big clamitic one, and I get interupted by a a phone call, a parent coming in and talking to me, or anything like that.

ha ha, ya, And Fish, if they truly are "proud of their masterful cinematography" Wouln't they forbid us from skipping them, rather then pausing? That would be a better way to force us to watch it don't ya think?  

Mukuchina Kurasu

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Bongardo
Ya, I just I don't see a reason why they would not want us to pause them. I find it very annoying when i'm in the middle of cinamatic, especially if it's big clamitic one, and I get interupted by a a phone call, a parent coming in and talking to me, or anything like that.

ha ha, ya, And Fish, if they truly are "proud of their masterful cinematography" Wouln't they forbid us from skipping them, rather then pausing? That would be a better way to force us to watch it don't ya think?
Especially Micheal Bay. He is directing a movie about to come out, I forget it though.

But those explosions happen so fast he wants you to notice ever freaking pixel in the world.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:13 pm
*in his best death metal growl* BECAUSE THEIR GAAAAY!  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items