Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
The Third Eye

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 pm
I dunno if this has much do do with the paranormal, or hauntings (or what have you), but I just thought I'd run this by you folks and see what you think. smile (Also, pardon me if I've placed this thread in the wrong sub-forum. I ask a mod to move it if I've mistakenly done so.) smile

For the past hour or so the centre of my forehead has been vibrating/tingling very strongly. What do you think this means?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:28 am
Conan The Barbie Doll
I dunno if this has much do do with the paranormal, or hauntings (or what have you), but I just thought I'd run this by you folks and see what you think. smile (Also, pardon me if I've placed this thread in the wrong sub-forum. I ask a mod to move it if I've mistakenly done so.) smile

For the past hour or so the centre of my forehead has been vibrating/tingling very strongly. What do you think this means?

Brain tumour.

I'm just kidding. Kind of. If it's just a random tingliness and you've found no reason to suspect occult forces, then it's probably something mundane.  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

irydessa star fire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm
it's weird, I am what my friends call a seer and that only happens to me if I ignore a vision and then it's followed by a massive head ache. crying

so my question to you is, have you ever seen or had that deja vu feeling but new what it was right away??? cuz then you might be ignoring a vision, which is a bad idea, but still it happens if you ignore visions. then it's followed by a massive headache, then soreness of the eyes, then complete psychic blindness. damn the goddess is mean!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:57 am
hmm That happens to me a lot. Once it was starting in the middle of my forehead and moving down to my chest then down to my....lower stomach. My boy friend told me to clean my chakras.  

Vengeful Elegance

D_Marx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 am
Sometimes it's a communication port, someone trying to talk with you or tell you something. Just focus on it, find out if someone you know or are close to is needing some healing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:51 pm
It's your third eye love. It's ether growing and opening up more or it's pick up on something.  

Koigokoro Konjou

Khafre Giza

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:17 am
I agree woth u, it used to happen to me, then i realized my 3rd eye was just trying to pick up on my uncle...but that's another story for another post. smile

Tenrai Kado
It's your third eye love. It's ether growing and opening up more or it's pick up on something.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:00 am
I've got to agree with Mitsh. We have nerve endings all over our bodies, and sometimes they will tingle or pulse for no apparent reason, and it actually happens so often on random places that people don't really notice or pay attention. But when it's on a more significant portion of the body, like the face or hands, people tend to notice it and wonder what is going on. Besides, your third eye is not a physical aspect of your body, so if the skin is tingling there it's probably more likely to be a flux in the nerves or constricting vein.

There are, of course, cases like the above mentioned, when people may have a physical reaction to something to do with the psychic, but I believe it is more of a subconscious thing, seeing as your third eye is not physically in the center of your forehead. Your subconscious realizes you are ignoring a vision, and causes a physical reaction to alert you to the problem. Because in illustrations the third eye is shown to be in the forehead, that is where the subconscious knows to send the alert. If the third eye was commonly shown in the palm of the hand, then the subconscious would probably send the alert there.  

Magus Initi

BenjaminDaniel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 pm
The third eye is also connected to the pineal gland. It is affected by certain kinds of vibrations and your health status too- I would say the internal is usually more important than the external when it comes to the third eye, for most people, because most people have theirs closed. You can stimulate it through meditation, singing, listening to music with a complex and beautiful mathematical structure, doing yoga or other body-improving activities, etc. Mine isn't that great yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:33 pm
BenjaminDaniel
...You can stimulate it through meditation, singing, listening to music with a complex and beautiful mathematical structure, doing yoga or other body-improving activities, etc.

And art.  

Magus Initi

BenjaminDaniel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel
...You can stimulate it through meditation, singing, listening to music with a complex and beautiful mathematical structure, doing yoga or other body-improving activities, etc.

And art.

Hehe, yes, and also, I think all those are art. Art being an imitation of life, I suppose.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:23 pm
BenjaminDaniel
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel

And art.

Hehe, yes, and also, I think all those are art. Art being an imitation of life, I suppose.

Well, yes, there are many types of art, but I specifically meant fine/visual art. Painting, sculpting, etc.  

Magus Initi

BenjaminDaniel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:10 pm
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel
Magus Young
BenjaminDaniel

And art.

Well, yes, there are many types of art, but I specifically meant fine/visual art. Painting, sculpting, etc.

Yah, I figured. I'm just also commenting on the Aristotilean idea that art is just an imitator of life, a sort of idea that relates to the third eye in such a way that it is stimulated by certain patterns in art, whatever the form. Even (to use a cliched example) a repeating golden rectangle.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games