Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
Coming Out.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kris O-O

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 pm
Alright... so, alot of my friends don't know this but... i'm bi. Yes, that means I like both genders, male and female. If you hate me now, keep the hate replies to a minimum, please.
Anyway... I haven't told my parents yet.. because I don't know how they'll react... I really don't know how actually...
Does anyone have any like... tips or something? I would really appreciate it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 pm
Maybe try it in a more gentle way...like, start out slow then work your way up to it. i don't think i can give you a past experience, but i don't hate you, i do wish you luck though. and i'm sorry you have to go through that, it must be hard... just...don't tell them until you're ready. and be prepared for their reaction. sweatdrop best of luck then...  

wiccan of the moon

kurtainz

Beloved Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm
I'm bi and I'm not tellin meh parents. None of my friends no either. I'm not telling them. The only people that know, are the ones that read this.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:54 pm
well, im bi, and ive felt this way for a couple years but im not telling my parents until i graduate. or am at college. my mom gets kinda grossed out with gays and bis and im really scared to tell her. my dad, i dont know how hed take it. his first child, my half brother, is gay and has a boyfriend, i dont really know how my dad feels about it. im waiting till then so i can get out of the house and give them breathing room for a while. i got 3 years to go. that might be a good thing for you to do, but i dont know ur situation.
as far as coming out with it now, i can only think to suggest that whoever you're going to tell, a sibling for example. get them when they're in a good mood and start talking about the subject. see how they feel about it and go from there. perhaps if they seem ok with it, you can come out easily and explain it comfortably. if they're grossed out or something, defend ur point of view, nicely, and try to explain as calmly as possible what ur sexual orientation is.
i wish you the best of luck with this and hopefully i helped in some way. if you want to talk about it i'll listen.  

MargieMe

Kris O-O

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:45 am
Thanks for the replies. I've already told my parents. My father was a bit "weird" about it at first, but now they've both accepted it. (:  
Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games