Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Devil May Cry - the anime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's a great show for a great game.
  Agreed!
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:40 pm
For anyone that has played or even heard of the games, you will know quite well of Dante. But for everyone else, listen up.

The Devil May Cry anime is about a half-demon, half-human, by the name of Dante. His father was the Lengendary Demon Sparda, the hero of the human world. So called because he protected it until his death. Devil Hunter Dante has his own company named "Devil May Cry", a type of any job for the right price, providing it has to do with demons.

Dante usually gets his jobs from a man named "Morisson", that acts as his liaison. Another character in the game simply refered to as "Lady", also brings Dante jobs, though pockets the fee for herself saying it's payment for the debt that Dante owes her. She is in fact, descended from the priestess whose blood Sparda used to seal the gate between the human and demon worlds. One other character from the game "Trish", also plays a major roll in the show. She was a demon created by "Mundus", in the image of dante's mother, and worked as Dante's partner after Mundus's defeat, but left to freelance afterward.

The story starts with Dante accepting a bodyguard job to protect the young "Patty Royal", heir to quite a large fortune, and to deliver her to her dead father's mansion in time to claim the inheritance. But the whole thing is a sham, that leaves poor Patty with no where to go but to stick with Dante for the rest of the show.

Each episode sees Dante doing one job after another, with a hidden enemy in the background plotting something that is only hinted at until the last two episodes. The story even introduces two demons that were apprentices to Sparda himself.

At the end of the show, "Patty Lowell" (that's her real name) finally finds her mother, and the reason she was left behind. But doing so, causes even more trouble for Dante, as the reason her mother left her was to protect her from a family responsibility.

An amulet will be stollen and destroyed, as the power of an ancient demon is released, causing Dante, Lady, Trish, and even Morisson and Patty to have to come together to fight an evil that threatens not only the human world, but the demon world as well.

Every episode is action packed with guns blazing, swords slashing, and leading to an ending that is just as explosive as the game itself. If your a fan of the game series, then you'll enjoy this show a lot. But even if you've never played the games, there's still a lot of demon action to enjoy. You don't have to play the games to know whats going on here. And this show will keep you on the edge of your seat.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:40 pm
I saw the first three episodes of this like....*bites lip* a year or so ago? Back when like it was FIRST released in Japan. It was really interesting. Uber gorey...but hey that's Dante for ya. blaugh

The DMC3 manga isn't too bad either. 3nodding DMC3 was my absolute favorite of the games because of Vergil. He's my favorite character in the whole damn thing. Evil makes me giggle. eek

User Image

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:31 pm
I do like Dante. whee Someday I will watch the show.  
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games