I loved it!
  It was ok. . .
  Remake a classic? Never!
  Haven't seen it, yet.
  It has Jared. I must see it!
View Results

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:09 pm
I just got back from the theater. It was awesome! This is the thread to discuss the flick and Jared's role in the film. Overall, Friday the 13th was pretty good for a remake. Come to think of it Jensen was in a horror remake recently. Am I seeing a trend?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Ha! I noticed that too! My Bloody Valentine was pretty good too, I really want to see Friday the 13th. I would have gone to night, but I had work and my friend has school and we're both low on cash. I'll hopefully be able to share my opinion by the end one this weekend. I read an article on buddytv.com by someone who saw it tonight and said that it was really good and scary too. I'm so excited for it!!!  

Veritas_Aequitas255

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:41 pm
I saw it at 12:01 on Friday the 13th! Yay me!

I thought it was okay. I liked the original better though. This one didn't really seem to have much of a plot. It just seemed to be a hack-n-slash thriller. One thing I couldn't stand was all of the nudity. Way too much for me. As far as the movie being scary, meh. It was a gory kind of scary. There was some crazy suspense too. I was happy to see most of the people die though. xp Maybe I'm just weird like that.

But Jared definately had the best character. He was amazing. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:52 pm
I have yet to see the original, but I am intrigued. Does it have less gore and more story?  

RubyLight

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:49 pm
I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm pretty sure it does have less gore and more story. It's an older movie, so they don't show as much gore as today's movies. As I remember, the story is waaaay more interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:14 pm
Personally, I liked the original better. I didn't find the movie to be all that good. The acting was great, but it seemed to lack... well, a plot. Way too much gore and sex and not nearly enough suspense. It did have decent graphics though. And it kept me guessing throughout the whole film. Still, even with all that and Jared Padalecki tilting the scale in favor, I'd give it three stars at the most.

smile  

CoblynauRisen

8,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:00 pm
misschickflicker
Personally, I liked the original better. I didn't find the movie to be all that good. The acting was great, but it seemed to lack... well, a plot. Way too much gore and sex and not nearly enough suspense. It did have decent graphics though. And it kept me guessing throughout the whole film. Still, even with all that and Jared Padalecki tilting the scale in favor, I'd give it three stars at the most.

I feel the same way.

And I thought it was funny that Jared didn't really swear or talk mean to anybody. It made me giggle.

I can't believe that there were only a couple girls that kept their shirts on for the whole movie. ugh. I don't wanna see that kinda thing when I go to a movie theater.

Although, on the bright side, I did get to sit next to a cute boy during the show... 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:44 pm
Honestly, I think Jared's character provided the only plot in the movie. (Aside from Jason killing slutty college idiots.)  

RubyLight

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:34 pm
RubyLight
Honestly, I think Jared's character provided the only plot in the movie. (Aside from Jason killing slutty college idiots.)

hahaha. Sooo true. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:10 pm
i watched it b/c it had jared  

Lynn_Tomson

2,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash