Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
sphiroth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Areku Kisuzu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:01 pm
does anyone know information of the the sephiroth trees i have an idea of what they are but i need some specifics  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:26 am
Areku Kisuzu
does anyone know information of the the sephiroth trees i have an idea of what they are but i need some specifics

I'll be honest and say I never took to reading about the Tree of Life much other than a cursory glance through some Golden Dawn stuff, but luckily, the Wikipedia article here offers a decent overview. Hope that helps!  

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Alkhemi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:06 am
The Sephirot/Sefirot, or the Sefer Yetzirah, is a complicated subject. It's associated with Kabbalah (a form of Jewish Mysticism) and especially with the Tree of Life. The Tree itself has to do with the steps "God" took to create life, as well as qualities of existence within "God" (or for Gnostics, the pleroma, which is this case makes a LOT more sense), and qualities within Adam Kadmon (perfect/first man).

The Sephira themselves have many associations. Each is associated with a chakra, therefore it is designated a color, quality, and sometimes location on the body. Each also has a "ruling prince", or archangel, as well as a paticular choir of angels (such as the Seraphim, Ophanim, etc). And because it is Judaic, each is associated with a paticular hebrew letter, which has it's own connections and meanings. There are also elemental, etc associations.

Although there are only ever 10 Sephirot listed, there is a another "hidden" sphere sometimes mentioned as "DAATH", which is located somewhat under Kether and within the "square" that Binah, Geburah, Chokmah, and Chesed form. However, I don't believe I've ever found anything associated with it and the Sephirot, usually just under things associated with Chakras.

I recommend:
The Ten Sefirot
and of course wikipedia is a great place to start.  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games