Autumn
  Something else?
View Results

Chisa
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 pm
User Image

The theme for February and March is 'SEASONS'

I've chosen this theme because we have members from all over the world, all experiencing different seasons! So choose the season you're in, or the one you like best, or a completely original interpretation of the theme.

Rules
  • Any media is fine, whether its clay or material or spaghetti xd

• At this point I'm trying to keep things fairly open, so even if you think of something that isn't strictly 'sculpture' just post it anyway, as long as it's crafty smile

• Please post any entries or discussion about the theme in this thread.

• You can post as many theme related works as you want.

• Progress shots and planning can go in here as well, you don't have to wait until it's finished.

• If you're prefer not to be critiqued please say so clearly; otherwise expect that you might get it.

• If you're using patterns or heavy references not of your own creation, please cite them and link if possible. The actual work itself must be done by you.

• This isn't a contest - it's just a theme for fun and to see how different people interpret it. There is no prize and no need to be overly competitive.

Good luck everyone! I hope we can get a good number of people participating once again smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am
This is my first day on Gaia for a while and I just came on here and saw this.
Anyways, here is my entry! I had already made it before this new theme, but it is spring inspired so it works.

User Image

She is made out of light pink fleece with a hot pink fleece nose and tiny black felt eyes.
There is an adorable corkscrew tail my mom crocheted for her on her back.

User Image

I got this mini straw hat from the doll section in the craft store and decorated it with a blue ribbon and a bunch of flowers.

User Image

This tiny flower bouquet is from the wedding section in the craft store.
I cut the stems a bit and tied a blue ribbon around them. She holds them with two little fleece arms.

Please feel free to critique!

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Midori Yume

5,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:58 am
owwww! that pig is lovely!!! and I saw it and thought of spring biggrin ! cutecute!

ninja it's summer here  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:00 am
Midori Yume
owwww! that pig is lovely!!! and I saw it and thought of spring biggrin ! cutecute!

ninja it's summer here
Thank you! ^.^  

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Stereochrome

Lucky Wrangler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:49 pm
I made a pendant-thing. ;B
Felt like making something tonight, and I remembered this guild. Sooo.. yeah. Found some random things and put them together. Tore apart my old headphones. Made this 'seasony' pendant-thing.

It's 'seasony' 'cause it's... 'round. And the different colors that I imagine seasons in. And it looks like sun. Or an orange. Anyway it's sort of stabby, but neat. Considering I've never bothered to make jewelry before.

I wish I had actual glue - I left it at school. So this thing's held together with hot glue, which makes it pretty un-useable as an actual pendant 'cause it'll probably fall apart. Maybe I'll re-glue it when I bring my epoxy home.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm
that is really beautiful.. biggrin
when i saw the orange color.. i thought of autumn..
i like the colors.. smile  

Jiyoungbecky_bejy94

BlueePikachuu

Greedy Fatcat

5,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:19 pm
OMG!! Thats amazing i luv it!!!! i want it.... :3

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Manage Your Items