Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
This is How I Feel About Republicans Now[pic]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XcoldhandsX

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 pm
Anybody have any other political pics to post?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Twizzle Dizzle Red rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:27 pm
Aww don't give up. There are still a number of good republicans. I think they need to work on their principles as regan taught them but it's gonna be ok. Oh and I like ur pic smile  

Twizzle Dizzle Red

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:02 pm
I think people are becoming more reliant on facts than religion and becoming more moderate and acceptable of others' opinions than yesterday's right-wing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 pm
It is far from a service to the GOP that the only thing we seem to be able to do is point back at a dead man who hasn't been in office for over 20 years for guidance. Reagan was a smart guy, but the issues relevant at his time simply aren't there today. The Soviet Union is gone, what we're dealing with now aren't unsustainable governmental systems but NGOs. We don't have a de-funded and immasculated military, we have a crankin' military and the main problems now are manpower and the irresolute nature of our allies (aside from the Brits and Aussies). We no longer have a 90% marginal tax rate with a built-in earnings disincentive, we have an astronomical debt, tax revenue that couldn't pay it off in a century, and no plan in sight for a balanced budget. WWRD (What would Reagan do) just doesn't cut it from a retrospective standpoint. Most of the brilliance with Reagan was that he had new ideas. What would Reagan do? He'd come up with some new and relevant ideas rather than looking at what folks 20 years ago would do.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:58 pm
Lord Bitememan
It is far from a service to the GOP that the only thing we seem to be able to do is point back at a dead man who hasn't been in office for over 20 years for guidance. Reagan was a smart guy, but the issues relevant at his time simply aren't there today. The Soviet Union is gone, what we're dealing with now aren't unsustainable governmental systems but NGOs. We don't have a de-funded and immasculated military, we have a crankin' military and the main problems now are manpower and the irresolute nature of our allies (aside from the Brits and Aussies). We no longer have a 90% marginal tax rate with a built-in earnings disincentive, we have an astronomical debt, tax revenue that couldn't pay it off in a century, and no plan in sight for a balanced budget. WWRD (What would Reagan do) just doesn't cut it from a retrospective standpoint. Most of the brilliance with Reagan was that he had new ideas. What would Reagan do? He'd come up with some new and relevant ideas rather than looking at what folks 20 years ago would do.

Exactly. Although in my Democrat-heavy town I can definitely see the viewpoint expressed in the above pic. But whatever; everybody gets an opinion.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games