Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
Pictures From Legend of the Seeker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kahlan Amnell
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:41 pm
These are the pictures I have collected since this afternoon of stumbling across my first episode of the Legend of the seeker. I am behind in alot of things and regetably this is one of them. I feel horrible for letting life control me and not taking time for the simple things like escaping to fantasy world where I can relax.

This first picture is by far my favorite for a few reasons... It speaks of power, strength and wisdom. Plus she's really hot!

User Image

To top it all off. I had a picture in my mind of what my wedding dress would look like and this hit the nail on the head... I almost fell outta my chair seeing it.

User Image

They are perfect together ^_^

User Image

I like this one as it's funny...

User Image

I am one of those fan girls, sad but true.

User Image

User Image

Rachel is so adorably cute!
User Image

I love mordsith So dominating
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:36 am
Yay I can make my Mord-Sith Costume with that pic, I like the series version than the fan versions that I've seen. ^-^ I'll need extensions for the hair but that can easily be arranged. I'm going to Dress my husband as Richard Chain and all. twisted  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

samuri of truth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:26 pm
Is the series actually good, if yes, then i got to see it  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:52 pm
It has it's moments.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:37 am
User ImageAre you the Dark...

Isn't Denna supposed to have blonde hair....?

...Or are you the Light?User Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:07 pm
She does but that last pic is Kahlan in Mord-Sith Leather.  

StateAlchemist Natsu

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:15 pm
Kahlan....in Mord-Sith leather......?

When and why??  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 pm
First Wizard Zorander
Kahlan....in Mord-Sith leather......?

When and why??

The show used the main ideas and character names from the books. So far, they get all the other stuff wrong. And they don't nearly emphasize enough on Zedd's unfilled stomach. And I was really hoping that they would.

I really like the show though. Some things they do are dead on right, but they're few and far between. However Episode 17 was very entertaining. Nothing like the book. But in some ways better. Most ways I got pissed and screamed at the computer. (just moved and I'm newlywed so we have no tv besides movies and basic cable. Just got internet.)

I was watching it and screaming. "THAT NEVER HAPPENED!" And other times I was smiling and thinking, "This is kinda done better than what the book had."

~Ari  

Phanari

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 am
Well.....I.....
I really hoped.......
....but the characters......

crying

No, there's nothing about it that i can be happy with. I understand all the limitations they have on making the series, but still.......they didn't have to do what they did.

What they did is blasphemy and nothing but a gigantic slap in the face for me (and i'm sure many others). If it's not supposed to be like the books and supposed to be independent, then it was a pointless task. It will do nothing for the series. I don't know who would even watch it who hadn't read the series, so who are they targeting? SOT will gain maybe, what, 10 people to its fan base? What's the point?

It tears me up inside, and makes my heart cry out in pain. I love SOT and everything about it. The Legend of the Seeker has failed me, TG, and its fan base.

Do you remember why the book has no pictures, other than the cover? Why the map is so basic and not updated as the series goes? Why its such a fantastic series? Goodkind said it himself, he wrote it all with the intention of letting the reader imagine it all in his/her own way using their own imaginations. Anything he could draw or provide would only taint the imaginative nature of the reader's mind, and limit our views, rather than let us see it in our own way.

His use of vivid details and expansive descriptions of settings, moods, characters, buildings, mind sets, and religion is what makes the whole thing so real and special to us. We can see in our minds and relate to everything that happens because it makes it so real, yet still a fantasy.

That's why the whole anticipation for the series was both love/hate for everybody. And when it came around, it was so far from anything that we expected, wanted, or what should have been, that it has torn me greatly. This is why I can't stand to watch it, or even that it exists.

crying crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:58 am
I'm sorry, Zorander.  

Phanari

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 pm
User Image

~*~ Me too... ~*~

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 pm
My foster sister hasn't even read the series but she won't read the book because she's mad at all the changes they made.  

Phanari

Karrina Amnell

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:39 pm
First Wizard Zorander
Well.....I.....
I really hoped.......

crying

No, there's nothing about it that i can be happy with. I understand all the limitations they have on making the series, but still.......they didn't have to do what they did.

What they did is blasphemy and nothing but a gigantic slap in the face for me (and i'm sure many others). If it's not supposed to be like the books and supposed to be independent, then it was a pointless task. It will do nothing for the series. I don't know who would even watch it who hadn't read the series, so who are they targeting? SOT will gain maybe, what, 10 people to its fan base? What's the point?

It tears me up inside, and makes my heart cry out in pain. I love SOT and everything about it. The Legend of the Seeker has failed me, TG, and its fan base.

Do you remember why the book has no pictures, other than the cover? Why the map is so basic and not updated as the series goes? Why its such a fantastic series? Goodkind said it himself, he wrote it all with the intention of letting the reader imagine it all in his/her own way using their own imaginations. Anything he could draw or provide would only taint the imaginative nature of the reader's mind, and limit our views, rather than let us see it in our own way.

His use of vivid details and expansive descriptions of settings, moods, characters, buildings, mind sets, and religion is what makes the whole thing so real and special to us. We can see in our minds and relate to everything that happens because it makes it so real, yet still a fantasy.

That's why the whole anticipation for the series was both love/hate for everybody. And when it came around, it was so far from anything that we expected, wanted, or what should have been, that it has torn me greatly. This is why I can't stand to watch it, or even that it exists.

crying crying

have to agree. the series sucks. the books are amazing.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:46 am
Arlan Rahl
First Wizard Zorander
Well.....I.....
I really hoped.......

crying

crying crying

have to agree. the series sucks. the books are amazing.

More than amazing. Poetically Epic!  

Phanari

Kahlan Amnell
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 pm
I like the books better, but seeing the show... I have to say I like them both. Book rules over show all the way. I just saw a preview for the next show... So far it looks like Richard and Zedd die and Kahlan is being forced to marry Darken Rahl.... O.o scary stuff. I don't think they wanted to show to be exactly like the books, but they have done a good job of the show thus far.  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games