Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
- Book Thread- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:15 am
Dathu
I did see it. Although, I was surprised that it wasn't as "Pro-Atheism" as the zealots made it seem. All I heard on the news was how Theists were protesting it, saying "it tells us to kill God!" I went with high hopes of seeing a huge parody of the evils of religion, but left feeling like I'd just watch another kids film. I seriously think the zealots overreacted to that one. Anyway, the film was alright. It had the usual really-good-book-to-film problem of feeling like too much information was crammed into to little time. I've thought about reading the books, but usually if I don't like the film, I'm not too inclined to read the books. But if you say they are really that good, I may give them another chance.

Well I read all three last year and I loved them. What got on my nerves was how everyone was told to boycott the movie and there wasn't even anything really religious in it! I don't even think the book had gotten to the "kill god" part... pretty sure that came in with the second book. idk, it pissed me off that people could try to get you to hate a movie that wasn't even going to cause any harm to their self-righteousness but if you say you don't want to see a religious movie you must have been spawned by the devil... grrr.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:51 am
I just usually find myself extremely disappointed in the movies that are made after the books. I am too much a book lover whee I really enjoy reading biographies or case-studies on those with multiple personality disorder. Helps me keep my motto that no matter how bad my life is it can always be so much worse. and I guess I'm a little sadistic. sweatdrop I feel terrible for these people, but at the same time I can't stop reading about them. It is such a fascinating disorder.  

PathlessPlot

PathlessPlot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 pm
I am currently reading a book called "10 books that screwed up the world: and 5 others that didn't help". I can't remember who it is by. It is pretty good, but extremely biased. Every author is an atheist and their philosophy is horrible, thereby all atheists believe these philosophies.

Oh please.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces