I'd like to thank Nintendo...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:41 pm
Nintendo do good? Finally it seems like people are doing the right thing and realizing that letting more people in on our favorite hobby is a good thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:12 pm
I have to wonder, are people like that guy's mom buying anything other than Wii Fit?

also, did you see that dimple
holy s**t  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Owwin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:56 pm
I like what that Alex Evans guy said. Games don't have to have genres or be innovative, they just have to be fun. I forget that myself sometimes. I get mad at all of the WW2 games, but I have to realize that people enjoy them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:40 pm
Uhhh Fish

obviously being a casual gamer is wrong  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:50 pm
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

That's not what I'm saying. You just can't really count it as getting into games when all they're playing is Wii Fit.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:56 pm
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

That's not what I'm saying. You just can't really count it as getting into games when all they're playing is Wii Fit.

I just hate when people try to dismiss the things Nintendo does for the industry because they didn't do it with giant games with huge budgets, but instead with good design choices and a great idea.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 pm
needs moar halo  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:28 pm
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

They're getting more into games than not getting Wii Fit, which I think is the point. My grandma has a Wii and a DS, my mom has a DS, and while they don't have the kinds of games that I would spend a ton of time on, they're more attentive to other games, and it's broadening the market, rather than just having all of us "hxcs"  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:05 pm
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

They're getting more into games than not getting Wii Fit, which I think is the point. My grandma has a Wii and a DS, my mom has a DS, and while they don't have the kinds of games that I would spend a ton of time on, they're more attentive to other games, and it's broadening the market, rather than just having all of us "hxcs"

I can't stand behind this point anymore. When I came home for Christmas my Mom kept asking me to play Wii Bowling with her. Srsly? How is that not awesome. I was just talking to Fish about this subject the other day, until I realized he was playing Duck Hunt.

xDDD OMGFISH IT WILL NEVER DIE! SITCOM TIEM!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:08 pm
My grandparents got Wii Fit and Wii play. It was the awesomest Christmas ever.
My mom still refuses to play any games that can't be found on facebook though stare

Discuss: Grandparents that are cooler than your parents.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:13 pm
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

Oh, I guess I just haven't witnessed that around here.

Most people over 40 I know are like "WII FIT IS SO GOOD" and don't seem to realize that there are other games for the system. >_>;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:55 am
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

Most people over 40 I know are like "WII FIT IS SO GOOD" and don't seem to realize that there are other games for the system. >_>;
If they're happy with that, then isn't that okay? razz  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:02 am
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

I dunno, it just bugs me is all. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Waynebrizzle
Uhhh Fish

I dunno, it just bugs me is all. D:
More money for the big N to make more games. Also, a larger install base will attract more 3rd party developers.
I see no downside!
Except for developers pandering to the young and elderly while avoiding the internet-b***h-fest that is the volatile middle ground.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Gallery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items