Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Snubbing the Brits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latopazora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:38 pm
Barack and Gordon Brown's gift exchange

After being given a pen set made from the wood of anti-slave ship back in the early 1800s by the British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, Barack responds by giving him a DVD set of American classics- oh yes, and returning the Churchill bust given to Bush by Blair. Was that really a smart move? A DVD set is nice, if its a birthday or holiday gift from a friend or family member, but this a diplomatic affair! Between to strong allies! Our world view is already treading on thin ice, is it really smart to snub one of our strongest allies?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:22 pm
Wow, this is just a damn ebarassment. Brown picks out something symbolic, Obama grabs something from the value rack at Wal Mart. Does this man know anything about foreign policy? Iran is about to roll us!  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Lexille

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:00 pm
And the best part is the fact that American DVD's won't play on European Players...

Obama obviously has no concept of how to properly deal with foreign affairs... or how to buddy up with the right nation (considering the current events and his views on "dealing" with the middle east...)

These days I just laugh and toss back another beer...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 pm
And the Obama Administration's reason for the lack of respect for PM Brown?

He's too tired to pay attention to these little details. Apparently he's in over his head.

And how does an administration official respond to this? "There's nothing special about Britain. You're just the same as the other 190 countries in the world. You shouldn't expect special treatment." And yet he's willing to sit down and talk with Ahmedinejad, no preconditions. Amazing. I won't be surprised if we end up losing every ally we have.  

Ninja Autobot

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 pm
I suppose Obama returned the bust of Churchill because he wanted one of Chamberlain instead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:12 pm
*Facepalms* Obama, thank you very much for jeopardizing my chances of marrying a British man.  

stareyed_in_LA

cherrydarlin999

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:40 pm
Lennex3
And the best part is the fact that American DVD's won't play on European Players...

Really??? lol

Lennex3
Obama obviously has no concept of how to properly deal with foreign affairs... or how to buddy up with the right nation (considering the current events and his views on "dealing" with the middle east...)

These days I just laugh and toss back another beer...

I have to agree with you there. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 am
I'm sorry but, Obama has no clue of what he is doing in office and it shows big time in everything he does. What's going to be the next gift, maybe a gift card for Walmart. (Just a comment, I shop at Walmart). He just needs to think about what types of gifts would be more appropriate for the person he is giving it too.  

Pumona

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:41 pm
After that whole release of mass-murdering terrorist thing the Brits did, I think his next set of movies should be on betamax.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:29 pm
I lol'd pretty hard. xd I'd like a Churchill bust, would look nice in... eh, it's ugly.  

Rainbow Retch

The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff