Vice Captain

Chatty Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:50 pm
User Image
;D This Is Where All Us Shojo Beat Subscribers Can Talk. (Since We`re Most Likely More Up To Date.) So I Suppose In A Way, This Is Another Spoilers Thread.

It Seems That Shojo Beat Has Been Discontinued.
I Have NO Idea Why, But I Got A Letter, With A Shounen Jump Magazine... Here It Is:

Dear Shojo Beat Subscriber,

We`re sorry to inform you that VIZ Media has discontinued publication of Shojo Beat magazine.
While we regret the news, we are happy to complete your subscription with Shounen Jump.

Shounen Jump is the US counterpart to Weekly Shounen Jump, the most popular manga magazine in Japan. With seven serialized titles, including Naruto* and Bleach, you`ll continue to get all the drama you love, only with action and adventure to boot! Shounen Jump also packs in news on manga, anime, video games, and cool toys and merchandise. And with its monthly Nihongo lesson, you can keep learning Japanese words especially chosen for the manga fan.

Don`t worry, Shojo manga isn`t going away! You can continue to get the drama of Shojo Beat`s six serialized manga titles by purchasing the graphic novels. The volumes listed below pick up right where the last issue of Shojo Beat left off.

Crimson Hero volume 12 comes out January 2010.
Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time volume 5 comes out in August 2009.
Honey and Clover volume 8 comes out in December 2009.
Honey Hunt volume 8 comes out in November 2009.
Sand Chronicles volume 7 comes out in January 2010.
Vampire Knight volume 8 comes out in February 2010.

Please enjoy this first issue of Shonen Jump. In case you already subscribe to Shounen Jump, your remaining Shojo Beat issues will be added to this subscription. We know you`ll love Shounen Jump, but if you prefer a refund for the remainder of your Shojo Beat subscription, please contact us in one of the following ways:

Write to us at:
Shonen Jump Customer Service
PO BOX 509
Mount Morris, IL 61054-0509

Or call 1-800-541-7919

The Shojo Beat magazine staff thanks for for your support over the years, and the Shounen Jump team welcomes you aboard. Visit shojobeat.com to sign up for the Shojo Beat eNewsletter, where you can continue to get updates about exciting news and events!

Thanks for reading Shojo Beat and we look forward to having you on-board with Shounen Jump.

Sincerely,

Shojo Beat Magazine Staff

Yup. Pretty Bull-Shitty, Right? >>;

[* - I Absolutely HATE Naruto, This News Does Not 'Pacify' Me At All.]

[And Yes, I Know I Spelled It As Shounen Jump At Times, But It`s Supposed To Be Shonen Jump.]

EDIT: [This Is From Wikipedia]

Targeted at women ages 16–18, the first issue of Shojo Beat launched with a circulation of 20,000 copies. By 2007, average circulation was approximately 38,000 copies, with half of its circulation came from subscriptions rather than store sales. It was well received by critics, who praised its mix of manga series and the inclusion of articles on Japanese culture, though some critics found the initial issues boring and poorly written. In May 2009, the magazine was discontinued and the July 2009 issue being the last released. Fans were disappointed, though many of them noted that they were not subscribers themselves. Industry experts felt the magazine's loss would leave female comic fans without a magazine of their own, but praised Viz for its choice to continue using the "Shojo Beat" imprint and branding for its shōjo manga and anime releases.
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:07 pm
Hiiiii!!! i buy Shojo Beat EVERY Months!!! heart
And thats also there i found out Sand Chronicles whee
First thing i read is Sand Chronicles O_O ♥ and
it looks like *** MAYBE *** Ann and Fuji will go out soon..
whee I hope soo!! is there ppl who wish it ??? LIKE ME!?!?!? heart

Xx_Monicaz_xX
Crew

Santa Strify
Vice Captain

Chatty Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:32 pm
I`m Subscribed To Shojobeat, So I Get The Issues Earlier Then Most.
(I Got March`s Issue Last Month, And April`s Issue This Month.)

And Yes, Your Dreams Will Come True... Highlight Below For Spoiler.
I Also Found Out About Sand Chronicles From Shojobeat. <3

Spoiler --> Ann And Fuji Start Going Out, And They Kiss. I`ll Scan The Page When My Momma Gets Back From Her Trip. <-- Spoiler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:56 pm
User Image
D< My Shojo Beat Normally Gets Here By The End Of The Month, Or The Very Beginning Of The Month...

[Example: May Issue Would Get Here March 28th-30th, OR, April 1st-3rd.
If You Are Subscribed To Shojo Beat, You Get Issues A Month Early. I Already Have The July Issue, I`m Waiting On The August Issue.]
User Image

Santa Strify
Vice Captain

Chatty Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Window Shopper 100

kendi_kiryu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 pm
omg NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my shojo beat!!!!!!!!!!
i bought it every month
=(
anyone know where i can read sand chronicles online  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 am
User Image

I Could Never... Never Say It Aloud, But... How Happy Would I Be If I Were The Most Important Thing To Him?

User Image

Kumo's Talking

@ kendi_kiryu: : ( As far as we know the only scans we have found are either chinese or not very far. Shojo Beat was farther along than the scans were.

I Want To Be The Kind Of Man Who Can Be Toghether With You Forever, A Man Who Can Stand Beside You As An Equal...

User Image

User Image

Junjou Egoist

Is There A Limit, A Boundry To The Feeling Of 'Love', I Wonder? Even If I Hurt You... Even If You Hurt Me... Instead Of Our Passion Turning Into Loathing I'd Rather The Scar Be Burnt Into Your Body Like A Brand. And That Way, You Will Never Be Able To Forget Me. And We'll Never Be Apart...

Yes, I Make Big Post Formats, Don't Shoot Me For It! ;A:

Kumori-Ookami-Kira
Captain

Sand Chronicles Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas