Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 pm
V1SUAL K31
Is it better than RE5?

D=

They're not really comparable, but my personal opinion based on what I've played of both is that Madworld is better. (keywords being personal and opinion)

Of course, its multiplayer isn't as good, but WOW. WOOOOOOW. This game's action would stand on its own without the ridiculous kills, but that just adds to it.

Like, you know the things No More Heroes got wrong? This game got it right. So right. Suda needs to take a page or two from this game when making the sequel.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 pm
For the hell of it I will post how bad IGN thinks of this and see how bad people think the review is LOL...after finding the review I'm surprised.

I'm going to read the whole review and post a few things here and there that I think are funny or something I never thought IGN would say about a Wii game.

Negligent parents and ambulance-chasing lawyers, your next target has arrived and it's a doozy. MadWorld, published by SEGA and developed by Platinum Games (formerly Clover Studios, best known for Okami and Viewtiful Joe) is so over-the-top violent and vulgar that by comparison the Grand Theft Auto series may as well be Mr. Rogers.

Platinum Games wanted to create a title so distinct that when people stumbled upon it, they wouldn't be able to turn away -- and love it or hate it, MadWorld's graphics catch and hold the eye. The side effect to this design choice is that ultra-stylized works are perfectly suited to Nintendo's underpowered console, which struggles to render realistic environments, but is amply armed where art is emphasized over technology.

Speaking of which, SEGA and Platinum Games contracted celebrity voice actors Greg Proops (Whose Line is It, Anyway?) and John Dimaggio (Bender from Futurama) to voice the two lewd and crude commentators who call all of the so-called plays Jack makes as he progresses through the ranks of Death Watch -- a great move. These guys are hilarious. Not only is the writing stellar -- some great jokes, all of them as vulgar as possible -- but the two share a flowing, smooth dynamic and their delivery is impeccable. They're not afraid to drop F-bombs or go back and forth about each other's wives, and the comedy always feels unrehearsed.

Closing Comment:
I realize that not everybody will find MadWorld's unique visual and aural presentation appealing, but to me, the game is an instant collector's item and a Wii showpiece, not just for its amazing style, but for its label-busting content. Anybody who says Nintendo's console is just for kids will see things very differently after a few chainsaw- induced mutilations. More importantly, though, MadWorld does not place emphasis on style over gameplay, so there's plenty of fun, smart mechanics to back up the overwhelmingly slick look and sound of the title. You'll be floored by some of the scenarios that await you in the fast-moving beat-'em-up, surprised by the unexpectedly well-made storyline, and simultaneously grossed out and cracked up by all of the completely over-the-top gore. Even with some camera issues, some repetition, and a decidedly short single-player mode (if you play it on normal difficulty), SEGA and Platinum Games have still created Wii's first truly excellent game of the year.

I'm begging you, buy this game so that we'll see more like it.

9.5 Presentation
9.5 Graphics
9.0 Sound
8.5 Gameplay
7.0 Lasting Appeal(I didn't know it had two player)
9.0 Overall

What do you think of that even IGN likes it and that is saying something.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:41 pm
What really floored me (in a good way) is that the game uses Havok Physics.

I won't spoil anything, but I will say they're put to good use.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:07 pm
KyuubiNaruto4

I get it because IGN hates everything  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:09 pm
I just rented it. It's awesome.
It's not like Gears of War at all.
It's like... IMMA ******** YOU UP WITH MY FISTS AND MY CHAINSAW ARM!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Kuzodav
I just rented it. It's awesome.
It's not like Gears of War at all.
It's like... IMMA ******** YOU UP WITH MY FISTS AND MY CHAINSAW ARM!

I think one of the songs in the game is actually about Jack ******** people up.  

Waynebrizzle

Allegro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:34 pm
Teh AK
KyuubiNaruto4

I have no idea when this came to be true, since for years, their review scores wouldn't go below a 6.5.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:44 pm
Allegro
Teh AK
KyuubiNaruto4

I have no idea when this came to be true, since for years, their review scores wouldn't go below a 6.5.

Really? Most recent game that came out for Wii was Sonic and The Black Knight

IGN Gave it

8.5 Presentation
8.5 Graphics
7.5 Sound
3.0 Gameplay
3.0 Lasting Appeal
3.9 Overall

Last time I checked 3.9 and 3.0 were below 6.5.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

estvpe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:39 pm
I love this game, i'm at the second castle level  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:46 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Allegro
Teh AK
KyuubiNaruto4

IGN Gave it

8.5 Presentation
8.5 Graphics
7.5 Sound
3.0 Gameplay
3.0 Lasting Appeal
3.9 Overall

Last time I checked I never said it hasn't changed recently. Go read the Penny arcade backlogs, you'll see in the comics and newsposts that IGN used to have a much more lenient take on the world of video games.  

Allegro

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:34 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Allegro
Teh AK
KyuubiNaruto4

IGN Gave it

8.5 Presentation
8.5 Graphics
7.5 Sound
3.0 Gameplay
3.0 Lasting Appeal
3.9 Overall

Last time I checked the reviewer is allowed to have his opinion.

From what I've seen of the game, it looks like a 3.9.

EDIT: Last time I checked this thread is about MadWorld. xD;  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:03 pm
I'm tempted to get it, but funds are low at the moment. But I am tempted to get it. It's recieved good reviews, but then again, I don't trust video game journalism reviews that much. From what everyone else is saying about it though, I'll give it a whirl.

Eh, I'll sell Dirge of Cerberus to get additional funds. It's just another mediocre FF7 spin-off game anyway. Plus, my sister has an extra copy of it. xd

@Wayne: It uses Havok physics? THAT WORK PROPERLY??? Wow, I guess the engine isn't THAT much of an outdated piece of s**t after all.  

Sir Codin

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 am
Lord of Armageddon
I'm tempted to get it, but funds are low at the moment. But I am tempted to get it. It's recieved good reviews, but then again, I don't trust video game journalism reviews that much. From what everyone else is saying about it though, I'll give it a whirl.

Eh, I'll sell Dirge of Cerberus to get additional funds. It's just another mediocre FF7 spin-off game anyway. Plus, my sister has an extra copy of it. xd

@Wayne: It uses Havok physics? THAT WORK PROPERLY??? Wow, I guess the engine isn't THAT much of an outdated piece of s**t after all.

Parts of the game have really advanced lighting effects. The engine is not outdated in the least.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff