Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Honestly, what's the difference?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marching Band no Jutsu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:38 am
What's the difference between goth, emo, scene, punk, and the other commonly used words?
Because they're all used interchangeably in my school, and I don't know who's what anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:53 pm
Google.  

Amazingemail

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:47 pm
Wikipedia.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:14 pm
Google and wikipedia will give you the wrong answers.
Scene is what everyone thinks emo is. Emo is a form of music. Goth, well I don't know much about that. But punk is kindof the basis of all of these things.  

JaredWinterfresh17

Marching Band no Jutsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm
JaredWinterfresh17
Scene is what everyone thinks emo is. Emo is a form of music. Goth, well I don't know much about that. But punk is kindof the basis of all of these things.

Thank you, that's the only clear answer I've ever gotten to ANY question I've asked on this damn website...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:28 pm
Your Band Room Lover
JaredWinterfresh17

Thank you, that's the only clear answer I've ever gotten to ANY question I've asked on this damn website...

Your experience here must be horrible, his answer was awfully vague.  

Amazingemail

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:51 am

Brief, but vague.

Emo, yes, is a type of music, as well as a clothing style. Many people seem to think that 'emo' is the stereotype where you all sit in a corner, cry, slit your wrist, then write in a diary or journal of some sort about it, and why you did it, and how good the slitting felt.

Scene, in my opinion, seems to be a mix of punk and prep. It's where people mix those two together in their own way and be happy about it. They have their depression moments, but they're colorful about. That's my opinion about it anyway...

Goth. Well, mostly, I can say goth is the black stereotype, where people act all dead and care nothing about the world except people dying. Although, those are just the wannabes. I feel like the people who are the real goths are people that do dress in black and act somewhat dead and weird, but have their opinions and criticism about the world. They seem to care about nature and science or something like that. Sure, some are atheists and satanists, but there can be many types of goth and people can never really know which is the real one.

Punk is where people dress, well, punky. Wristbands, studs, jeans and a tee. They often listen to music, usually rock and some metal, as well as alternative.

idk. That's how I see them.

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games