So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your First Time... Gaming. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Were you playing vidjagames before you could read?
  Yes; text-heavy games helped me learn
  Yes; but only simple ones I could understand without reading too much
  No; my parents wouldn't let me
  No; I didn't get interested/introduced until later
  i dunno ahurr
View Results

mrlemonhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:58 pm
Oh the nostalgia! When I was three, I went to a friend's house. His brother was playing Super Mario Bros. He put the controller down to use the bathroom, and I picked it up and immersed myself into the Mushroom Kingdom. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:27 pm
Yes i remember beating my first game. Mario 64 the final battle was going my heart was beating my head was sweating then i hit'em with the first bomb
and i was like YES i won. then he got back up and i was like OMGWTF then i hit'em the second time i yelled "ARE YOU BEATEN YET?" i was at half health then the floor turn to a star and i was like O-M-G!!!! i was on my last sliver of health then i hit him with the last bomb and i collapsed on the floor and enjoyed my first video game credits.one word could explain it.....EPIC! plus i was like seven so it was a big deal for me.  

coinage8

Demon0fMists

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:37 pm
Hmm, I think it may have been Pokemon Red while at my friends house, I was like 3. I still remember when I was playing I found out you can fly with some pokemon (OMG...) so ya since Charizard was my favorite pokemon used fly and I would always yell"I WANT CHARIZARD, NOT PIDGEOTTO" Oh and then my friend gave me a gameboy and red for my 4rth birtthday, which I still actually play at times.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:52 am
rolleyes I think the majority of us here first started playing either Zelda or Super Mario mrgreen I don't remember which one came first for me... buh I didn't really understand Zelda at all, I was just entranced by the fact that when you cut the grass with your sword lil items randomly appeared! biggrin And with Super Mario, the Bunny Ears were a MUST have item where you could just fly over all the bad guys! whee But watch out for the random spikes on the walls! gonk

OH inspiration!! --edits post-- looking at the post above (thanks btw you just jigged my memory blaugh ) I remember seeing my first game boy colour (or was it color?), it was my friends, and he was playing Pokémon. I nagged and nagged for him to let me have a go, but he never let me stare , so when his Mum called him away I took my chance!! ... And messed up the Pokémon battle he was engaging in... Because I was absolutely clueless xd  

x-Caz-x

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:57 am
My parents had a NES before they had me, HECK my grandfather had a NES, I kind of grew up with nintendo, I always remember having a console and Mario 3 (great game, or greatest game?) anyways I think the first time I really "knew" I was gaming was when I was possibly 2 or 3. The rest is as you can say, is history?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:15 pm
I'm not kidding when games actually helped me straighten out. When I was little, I always wanted whatever I saw and thought was cool. (mainly Power Rangers) Then one day, I got my hands on a Game Boy Color with Super Mario Bros. Deluxe. I really loved the game, even though I wasn't good at it. Really, I didn't play with my toys at that time so, I gave them away. At first, I always got what I wanted. Now, I ask sparingly because I have a good amount of games.  

MaverickDrifter

Skyeheart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:06 pm
When I found an old gameboy at a yard sale with tetris and qix.
But it broke only after a week.

No, it wasn't anything special, nothing that made me want to enter.
But then...the first game I got along with my new gameboy pocket. Pokemon, blue version.
NOW I felt I had taken a step into a whole other world...I felt like I was IN a whole other world.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:24 pm
I started off on a sega Master System, then Genesis... I didn't get introduced to nintendo until playing an N64 at my friend's house (First Nintendo game was Smash Bros.), then later getting a Game Boy Color...  

Lord Beckon

Shadow-GX

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 am
The first game I ever played in my life was Kirby in Dreamland. I think I was about 7. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:16 am
At two years old my mom got a super nintendo, and Super Mario world.
Three weeks later I'd beaten it before her and discovered all of the secrets, like what the hidden level was for(where it turned the koopas to masked guys and such)  

RyomaKun1992

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:18 pm
Sakuneko-chan
I'm not exactly sure what my first games were, I played games on my dads amiga and comodore 64 and stuff. biggrin Ooo we had Aladin on Dad's computer and I loved that game! <3 I was about 2-3ish though and couldn't read but I loved it anyway. I have really vague memories of playing them still.

My first nintendo games were pokemon red and sabrina the teenage witch... I got them when I was 8 for my birthday with a GBA. I was so happy! My dad and his friends had been secretly playing it until my birthday at night. stressed I got really hooked when I got LoZ Oracle of Ages and Seasons for christmas. Those are still two of my most favourite games. <3 You've gotta love them.

They have it for the computer?! Hell, yeah! (makes a note to get)  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:57 pm
dunno when I started.. when I was one year old maybe XD??? just hitting the control or eating it surely but I already had contact with the games at that time, I began with super mario bros. (the first game I remember to have played) or maybe it was with the atari, not really sure, and since my first language isn't english, I actually learned it with videogames like final fantasy VII when I was.. something like 8.. or maybe older.. or maybe.. younger.. dunno.. xD  

Nayumi-kuru

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces