Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
So your captain dies...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:04 pm
What do you do?

Do you continue on the guild, leave this person as the captain, write a memorial thread about him/her and how that he/she will forever be in your heart and find a pic of him/her and make a sticky about this person naming all the good qualities and what this person has done for the guild?

Or

Do you decide that you cant handle the pressure and you sell/shut down the guild?

The reason why I ask is cause I almost had to make one of these choices last night. My clan leader of my xbox live clan was involved in something nasty last night. He almost died and he said he is very lucky to be alive.

But if he would have died, I would have promoted another person to assist me in running the clan and taken over the dead leaders position but make a memorial thread on the clans myspace.

So yeah, lets discuss what you would do in this situation.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:27 pm
What a grizzly thought. I hope he continues to get better!

Personally, I think I would try to continue on in their memory, though I hope I never have to. I've always been under the impression that life moves on though. sweatdrop I for one, would hate to be the cause of something my friends enjoy going under if I end up 10 under... But I'd understand if it was just too much for them.

I don't know... It's a tough choice.  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:57 am
You keep going ...

You don't stop in real life because someone dies, you continue on because ... that's life.

I personally think your friend is exaggerating, sounds harsh but I'm afraid I'm very cynical of people on line who say they've had near death experiences ...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:52 am
Pilotslover
You keep going ...

You don't stop in real life because someone dies, you continue on because ... that's life.

I personally think your friend is exaggerating, sounds harsh but I'm afraid I'm very cynical of people on line who say they've had near death experiences ...

You try having a 5inch blade stick outta your back and lose a lot of blood. Anywho, back to topic.

True.

@Memory: He's great now n_n

Would you make a topic though about this person? or would you just take over as Captain and demote him/her down to VC? Crew? What?  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:11 pm
Look, you didn't provide the full story. I'm allowed to be cynical.

Demote him, yes, but only to vice-captain, set up a sub-forum in memory and move on.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:14 pm
Pilotslover
Look, you didn't provide the full story. I'm allowed to be cynical.

Demote him, yes, but only to vice-captain, set up a sub-forum in memory and move on.

I didn't get any details til after I posted this. But instead of keeping this pointless argument going, Im just gonna wait for this topic to be noticed by others and lurk til then.  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:24 pm
I'd discuss it with fellow v.captains and go with whatever they want, as long as it's reasonable and respectful.

Personally, I would keep the captain in his/her position. V.captains can still manage everything from that position anyway. It's just a title. The only thing is that if the guild dies of its own accord despite my own regular efforts, I wouldn't feel any obligation to resurrect it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:57 am
If the guild is active, one of the vice captains takes over the guild. You automatically demote the old captain to vice and if you want to dedicate the guild to his memory, don't ban him, although his gaia account will be inactive and unusable. I hope your friend gets better, though.  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:11 pm
mamarita
If the guild is active, one of the vice captains takes over the guild. You automatically demote the old captain to vice and if you want to dedicate the guild to his memory, don't ban him, although his gaia account will be inactive and unusable. I hope your friend gets better, though.

He's doing great now. A little sore due to 3 layers of stitches.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:30 pm
I am the Spaceman
mamarita

He's doing great now. A little sore due to 3 layers of stitches.

Good to hear he's doing better. Hopped up on drugs and stuff as well? lol  

shall she sail seas

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:09 pm
I'd better not die.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:57 am
PulchritudinousFartJoker
I'd better not die.

Put yourself in the position of a VC then.

@Nom: Nope, He's a roughin it.  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:12 pm
I am the Spaceman
PulchritudinousFartJoker
I'd better not die.

Put yourself in the position of a VC then.

@Nom: Nope, He's a roughin it.

By choice, I hope?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:30 pm
Yeah. He's doing great now. He's back to work.  

Purple Thriller

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 pm
Goody good. And peace has been restored. xd  
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff