Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:36 pm
If you're a fan of Final Fantasy or RPGs in general, you'll enjoy Dragon Quest. It's got all the same elements (in fact, DQ existed before FF was created), but it doesn't focus so much on the more OCD aspects of the original FF games. I've progessed quite far in the game without having to do any serious grinding to gain levels. I've only gained levels through normal exploration and the rare occasions when I've had to stop and earn some gold, which never takes more than an hour or two at the very most. I love that there's so much exploring to be done; it's hard to get bored when there's so much to discover. Even once you've got the world map, there are still a lot of things that you have to find on your own. The story is very good at propelling you forward and encouraging you to explore, and you always feel like you're actually accomplishing something because there are so many things to do. The characters are interesting and humorous, and the graphics are bright and fun. The controls are reminiscent of FF, and even the items and weapons will be familiar to anyone with a passing knowledge of RPGs. So it's an easy game to pick up and an easy game to enjoy.

As a sidenote, if you're a fan of Dragonball Z, you should have a look at this game, too. It was designed by the DBZ guy, and not only the appearance but also sometimes the dialogue, attitudes, and situations are very DBZ-ish.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 pm
Especially when they go "SS" I can't spell the last word of that so I hope you guy's know what I'm talking about. Dragon Ball Z fans you better or you should be beat.

I've played this game long ago and have picked it up since. I've enjoyed this game it actually has a freakin story, the characters actually have legitimate reasons for joining each other, and the characters are likable except for the stupid king, rates for a darn good game in my book! I really did like this game and like purple says there was a lot to explore and I rarely got bored, okay so it was like only once and that was because gambling bores me.

An instant classic in my book it ranks right up there with Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers