Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
The complete Pokemon Platinum Story! (Spoilers, DUH>)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:04 am
-The first Time on Route 201 Rowan and his assistant come up, and give you your Pokemon there. After they leave you and your Rival Battle, after said battle, You appear back in your house, your mom gives you the running shoes.

-You then go back to Route 201 to go to Lake Verity with your Rival. Cyrus is at the lake. Mesprit's cry is heard before you leave.

-You then go straight to Sandgem town, everything is the same until you leave Rowans Lab, Rowan comes out and gives you TM 27

-Everything is the same until you get to Jubilife City.
The assistant comes up and starts dragging you forward, Agent Handsome is sneaking around, not very good. He stops in front of you, and gives you the Battle Recorder(I think) He then leaves.

-Go to the trainer school talk to your rival and fight the two trainers. You have to do this, otherwise Agent Handsome won't let you leave.

-Leave the Trainer School after beating the two trainers. The Poketech President will be there. Everything is the same from here.

- Go to Oreburg City. Everything is the same, when you head to Oreburg mine you might notice that the mine looks a bit different. Cool but it doesn't really do anything.

-Find Rowak at the back of the mine. Everything is still normal.

-When you encounter Rowak in his gym there's a new little flashy entrence thing, enjoy it.

-Go back to Jubilife city, Agent Handsome will talk to you and leave, head towards Florama town as normal and encounter the two grunts harassing the assistant and Rowan. Everything is STILL the same.

-When you enter Florama, you should notice the archways, just another graphical change, nothing too big.

-Go out towards the Windworks, talk to the girl, then go to the flower field entrance in Floarama town, talk to the two galactic grunts blocking your way, basically do everything the same way as you did in Diamond or Pearl.

-When you get to where mars is, notice that there is now a shady looking scientist standing near her, he is One of the new characters Pluto.

-When you leave the Valley Windworks Handsome comes out and says something to you, runs inside, then comes out a few moments later, he says something else and dashes off.

-Head to Eterna forest, now it has more of a "Forest" feel to it, as there are patches of light shining on the forest floor.

-When you head into Eterna city go towards the Galactic building, Instead of Cynthia your Rival comes and pulls you to the Statue of Dialga/Palkia, Cyrus is there, he says something, then walks towards you, he says something to you and leaves, your rival also says something, then too departs. Head back to the Galactic building, Cynthia will approach you, then everything continues as normal.

-Next you should notice Gardenia standing outside out of her gym, talk to her, she'll say something about your rival then go inside, follow her. The gym is very different now, the premise is the same though, battle the three trainers to get to Gardenia.

-After you beat Gardenia leave the gym and head for the Galactic base. When you go inside you should notice it is heavily re-designed.

-A galactic grunt walks up to you and it turns out that its Agent Handsome in disguise, after a word with you he'll resume his disguise.

-The place seems like a maze at first, but once you walk around for a minute you'll realize that it is very simplistic.

-After rescuing the Bike owner and his Pokemon, leave the base and go to his shop to get the bike.

-When you try to leave Cynthia shows up and gives you an Egg, this contains a Togepi.

-Head to Cycling road, if you haven't gotten the explorer kit yet, you can't leave town. Get that then leave through Cycling road.

-Cycling road has been re-designed as well, nothing too interesting, it just looks way nicer.

- The Assistant no longer encounters you when you enter Route 207. instead it occurs before you enter Mt. Coronet, the encounter is the same as before.

-The Cyrus encounter in Mt.Coronet still happens.

-Entering Hearthome still bares the same scene of the Bunery running at you and etc.

-Fantina is in the contest house now, standing on screen when you first walk in, in front of the Hearthome gym stands the one guy that gives you advice for all the gyms.

-Talk to Fantina and she'll rush out after saying something, go to the gym, yep, its now third on the roster.

-There's an entirely new puzzle here, one with a flashlight and Duskulls. You have to find a Blue tile on the ground, then whatever shape is on it is the shape door you have to go through.

-After two rooms of that, you find Fantina(Short huh? I was surprised myself)

-Amity square now accepts your starter, no matter what the stage, I thought that was kind of cool.

-The rival encounter that happens when you head towards the south of Hearthome has been moved to the Route 209 gate.

-Bebe also gives you an Eevee now,before the national dex as opposed to after, so don't miss that.

-Head to Lost tower to get an HM, which one it is escapes me at the moment as the order of HMs has been switched if I recall.

-As soon as you enter Soalceon your rival runs up to you says something and dashes off again.

-Go to Soalceon ruins, Defog is in there.

-When you get to Veilstone gym the assistant is there as usual, they start to say some stuff, then Wake comes out of the gym and starts shouting something. Wake leaves, and then the assistant leaves.

-Enter the gym, notice the new puzzle, just walk into the punching bags to get them to move.

-After claiming your fourth badge, leave the gym to find out that the assistant is as stupid as ever, same old, same old.

-Talk to the assistant to initiate the Double battle between you, them and the two galactic grunts.

-After the battle with the grunts, Handsome comes up,and Talks to you and your the assistant. The assistant leaves and handsome drags you into the Galactic warehouse, probably thinking that he can invade galactic fully now, only to find the locked door, he finds the HM 02 and tells you to take it, you can leave town towards Pastoria now to claim your fifth badge.

-When you get to Pastoria notice the little Crogunk board thing. It does nothing. Its just cute, that is all.

-Before you go into the gym your Rival will show up and battle you, annoying, isn't he?

-Go in the gym after taking care of your rival. The puzzle is still the same, beat Wake. Head out of the gym, your Rival will once again run up and start saying stuff, Wake comes out of the gym, then there's an explosion coming from the Great Marsh. You three run to the entrance. A galactic grunt runs out and runs away, Wake runs into the Marsh, presumably to help the townsfolk, or something, your rival tells you to chase down the grunt, do so, its the same as before.

-After chasing the grunt to the front of that lake resort place he'll battle you, then Handsome comes up after the grunt flees, he leaves, then Cynthia comes up.(Popular, aren't you?)

-Everything's the same until you get to Celestic town. Talk to the Galactic grunt outside of the shrine, battle him, then Town Elder lady will come and take you inside the shrine. After a bit of Talking Cyrus shows up and begins talking, I would assume he asks you if you want to battle, because when I clicked yes, a battle started between me and him, his Pokemon are level 34ish, so you should do fine If you've been training.

-After you beat him and he leaves, the Town Elder Lady gives you Surf for your troubles, go to Canalave. Everything's the same. Go to Iron Island, Riley is standing in front of the entrance talk to him to get Strength.

-Everything is the same with Iron Island.

-After getting back from Iron Island go to the gym, the puzzle is still the same. Afterwards your rival will tell you to go to the library, again, pretty samely.

-When Lake Valor explodes your rival will run up to the TV and they will show a lovely picture of fire rising over the trees.

-Lake Valor is the same as ever, After Encountering Saturn in the cave, head to lake Verity and battle Mars again, then go to Snowpoint, since this is your first trip there, you'll have to head through that damned snow area.

-When you first get to where is starts blizzarding, Maylene will walk up, say something to you and walk ahead

-Make sure you get Rock Climb, its one of the many items buried in the snow.

-When you get to Acuity Lake front, you should now notice that the lake is on much higher ground, requiring rock climb to get up to it now. Your rival of course is already up there, he shouts down to you then leaves to go get his a** kicked by Jupiter.

-Go beat the Snowpoint gymleader. Maylene will be in the Snowpoint Pokemon Center for some reason.

-Go to Lake Acuity and watch your rival cry as Jupiter leaves. Head to Veilstone, here's where things heat up!

-Go to the Galactic building, talk to the grunt, he runs away like the coward that he is, yet again, handsome comes up and says something, he waits there. Now go to the Warehouse and walk upto the locked door, Handsome will show up and unlock the door, I guess he stole the key or something.

-Wander about until you find the key to unlock the gate inside the Galactic main building, its not too hard, its the same as before.

-Before the room with the beds you can heal at, there will be a room full of about 50 Galactic grunts(I nearly s**t myself) Handsome is there though, he says something, and apparently points to the area in front of the grunts, Cyrus appears and says something. Probably rallying them up to do some evil.

-The grunts all vanish after Cyrus leaves, Handsome also takes off. Proceed on.

-Cryus is tougher this time around, his Pokemon now being in the mid to upper 40's. Beat him and he'll give you the Master Ball. Go to the portal on the far Right side of the room. Same as before. Go into the room with the three Pixies, Saturn and Pluto are there. Saturn will of course battle you.

-After beating him he'll tell you to press the button, do so, and he vanishes, leave the building.

-Start your journey up Mt. Coronet, make sure you stock up on items first.

-After you Rock climb up that wall on the interior of the Hearthome side to get into the main part of the cave, you should notice that there is some broken wood on the floor around the door to continue on, apparently Mt.Coronet was sealed for a reason...

-Before you enter that door Handsome will run upto you, he'll say some stuff and gives you a black flute, he stays because he knows he is out of his league.

-Continue your way up as normal.

-Everything is the same right up to the part where Cyrus uses the Red chain. This time the red chain is visible, it spins around Cyrus, and Dialga and Palkia appear in a similar fashion as before.

-The top screen will show a Picture of Mt. Coronet, then the bottom screen will have three glowing gems, then It will show a Legendary Pixie, it will do this three times to show each of them.

-They will start to spin about the top of the screen, Dialga and Palkia stop expanding a new Universe. But then some bad s**t starts to go down, a Portal appears in the middle, Giratinia comes out, causing Cyrus to s**t his pants, Giratina goes back into his tidy little hidey hole Cyrus Gives Chase.

-Cynthia appears for some reason and you two watch the three pixies fly into the hole after Giratina and Cyrus, you and Cynthia jump in after

-Torn world is a very confusing place. The general gist of it though is that you gotta make it to the bottom, there is a strength puzzle, push the boulder into a hole on the upper floor(One of each of the legendary pixies will show you.) and then go to the lower floor and push the Boulder into the hole that the Legendary Pixie is standing by.

-You then Encounter Cyrus, he probably says something like I'm getting it first, and he runs off, then before Giratina he challenges you to a battle. Same levels as before but now he has 5 Pokemon and they are all fully evolved. And he's not as stupid, but he did fall to Bide Kricketune!

-He leaves, Then Cynthia will heal up your Pokemon, and you get to face giratina. SAVE FIRST! Especially if you don't have a good defensive Pokemon like my, by this time, a level 59 Umbreon. And don't forget the tons of Pokeballs.

-After you Catch Giratinia, You and Cynthia are about to leave Torn world, then Cyrus comes up, says something then leaves, probably to wander Torn World forever.

-You and Cynthia appear outside of Turnabout Cave, Cynthia of course is a b***h and won't let you in.

-This is Important: GO TO ROWANS LAB FIRST! The man standing before the route that leads to Sunyshore won't disappear until you do.

-Rowan will talk to you, then you may proceed.

-Nothing changes with the Sunyshore plot. You talk to Flint as soon as you come into town, the go to the lighthouse and talk to Volkner.

-Volkner's gym is the same, after beating him, go talk to Jasmine, your Rival will run up say some shiznit and run away.

-Victory road is unchanged. Before you go through the cave, you'll need 4 HMS:Rocksmash, Strength, Waterfall and Surf. I recommend Bibarel for this.

-After making it to the Elite 4 Building, prepare yourself for a Rival battle, right before talking to the guy in the way your rival runs up and you two duke it out.

-After kicking his a**, make any preparations, and then battle the Elite 4 (5) Their levels have been reduced a little, and their rosters make more sense.

-After that, you're done with the main story! Congratulations!
The end!

Credit goes to Pokemon Guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:45 am
Meh...not enough changes to make me buy it. I didn't like D/P at all to start out with. =x  

Sazuka57

8Bit Jack

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:13 pm
Sazuka57
Meh...not enough changes to make me buy it. I didn't like D/P at all to start out with. =x
There's a lot of functionality upgrades.

Battle scene "off" moves even quicker. Status up/down animations don't play, and the text flows faster.

The overall interface got a boost. The design is more aesthetically pleasing, and the poketch got a makeover.

The bike moves faster at the cost of framerate. I think it's worth it.

You get extra forms for Rotom. That should be enough right there, as Rotom kicks total a**.

Edit: Oh, yeah. Just got to the Great Marsh. They gave that an update, too. It's more marshy. Also got a Tropius and named it Jeeves (like a chauffeur- it flies me everywhere. Hahaha).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:03 pm
I technically dont own Diamond or Pearl, but there are 2 Pearl versions and a Diamond version in my moms room. I guess i'm "grounded" from them for "losing" them. :/

I will get this just because I have a craving to play pokemon and I want my own.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Allegro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:08 pm
Also, some new pokemon have been added into the wild. I caught a Gligar early on.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:22 pm
Screenshots
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

otawara

melikefood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 am
But the Pokétch has a BACK BUTTON NOW.
WANTWANTWANT.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:03 am
How the hell can you play through all that, I'm stuck just wanting to play because I'm bored of the linear story and shitty pokemon in the starting region neutral I just caught Dalgea.....

Edit: wait is there another reigon to play through? xD

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers