Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Folly of Man
A new charecter that needs explaining.(Please read,)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChainedFallacy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am
I usually like to explain my characters ahead of time because back in the day thats how it was done. Because as some of you know my characters are strange and do weird s**t... stare . (Also it would help to read the bio, on a side note im re-reading everything. You guys an an amazing set of people.)

First id like to mention that this theory isnt based in deep scientifically research stuff and is likely to be flawed in some way. Yet, in the world of science-fiction there are gaps.

Matter is what i always correlated with the word atom. The basic building blocks for life. Now we know that nothing ever really touches anything. You shake someone hand and by the smallest atomic measurement you dont actually even touch them. What you feel on a minute level is the barriers around your atoms pushing away and rejecting those atoms from your own atomic structure. Now i believe that if we were capable of manipulating those fields we could make them stronger, as to create maybe a bulleft proof vest you'd never neeed to strap on. Lets say we use response systems to know when a person is falling or about to get into a car crash those could act as instant protection. You could also accelerate those fields create energy of the scale, controlled atomic explosion giving off more energy than the sun to give the planet power (The H.E.C Method). You could open and close those fields rapidly to if you were in space to catch and project the suns energy and move quickly.

If you could completely remove those fields your left with the ability to recombine atoms into new ones. You could also makes spaces between them but keep them together in a sense that the whole structure would function after. That's pretty much all im gonna say there.

Now my last one of what i consider to be one of my best character works, Riot. Used slip space, moving through dead black holes. In slip space a person is inside the now stable section of a black hole. If your power is to rejuvenate those dead bits of black holes, then you will instanly without mercery be sucked into it but only sent through the displaced section. So a dead black whole could on be a foot long.

In a wrap up if your ability is in connection with these two explain ideas the possibles are great. But i a charecter with both powers seems to off, so i went back to a basic fact, every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Where it all comes together is...DRUMROLL!!! blaugh

Alaska.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's one thirty in the morning, Weyard my beautiful starlit city. How are we feeling? I know some of you have had a long night your... Work, Late night dinners, Affairs, other secrets. I also know some of you can't wait to tell me what happened, so be caller six-hundred and three and we'll get you on the air." She click on some tunes and spun her chair widly backwards and went for a cup of power.

She was tired as hell. This radio gig was being pulled 78 hours straight on eighty-nine cups of coffee. The called it an Alaskan Special, like she was a fish. She was about to be done but they request she do one more caller and that she make the number reasonable. It was funny to her because she was the only one keeping track of how many people called, before she started only 300 undred people rang in each night. After night two the number multiplied by a digit or few, she smiled sipping her coffee.

"Your called number whatever! Whats your story?' She asked ever so sweetly.

"Well names is Ryan. Im on academic probation at my college. This morning after my parents left i was supposed to walk my dads alaskan husky. I put this huge dog on a eather leash and get ready to walk her and as were getting outside she sees a cat. After a moment of my pleeding not to do what i knew she would and trying to unwrap my bound hand, she takes off full speed. The cat runs under my neighbors van and the dog goes running at it with me in tow full speed, i run head on into a chevolet two-ton and put a large dent into it...." He went silent for a moment and i considered hanging up... " After unwrapping my hand the dog goes for the cat running up the street and out of view. Im bleeding and eed medical attention so i get into my car and head for the hospital. I call my mother and tell her whats happened, to which she replies 'God damint.. I am so sick of you get your a** to school.' She didnt beileve me. After i got back from the hospital i was called by my school and told i was under-tempoary suspension until trial by the schools court." ... More silence. "Today i lost my dads dog, was suspended from school, recieved a concusion and hae to pa for the dent in my neighbors car plus hospital bills." He hung up and i took my head phones off.

I didnt bother speaking to anyone as i left i was tired and need a dink. There was upscale bar down the road from the radio station she decided to go and see if anyone had heard from her brother. The politician loner who couldn't his own sister. She worried still though, he hadnt called in so long. "Where are you jonas...?"

(Thread switch to Uriel's gentle flame) twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:41 pm
It was "NEON GENESIS: Evangelion" that made the term "AT Field," or "Absolute Terror Field," a bit more household. Then again, I was sitting there with a notepad trying to dissect that damn show. But by no means is the "AP Field" the product of an anime, but rather German scientists and many cultures, Mayan being one. In essence, or to put it VERY shortly, it's warping the mentioned barrier about the atoms into something stronger to protect one's self in a state of extreme emotional duress. Some psychologists even say that this is what's happening when someone feels "distant" from someone else, like "they're being pushed away."

To remove that barrier, be it an AT Field or otherwise, would create something of a catastrophe. Then again, you've now figured out 1/4 of how Kain's "D-Angel: Catastrophe" works. Keep in mind: An EXTREME amount of energy is needed to keep the atoms from turning into a nuke.  

Kain M ShZual
Vice Captain

Neko_Shinobi
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 pm
Ah physics, my old stand-by ^^.

I like teh idea of atomic reconfiguration, but given the boundaries...or rather lack there of in this field, there's really no limit to what you could do...especially if certain powers were mixed with such a concept, take the AP field for example, you could either strengthen it and give it an actual physical form, or turn it into a physical weapon with the effects of the AP field itself. Turn that on the reverse and there is a way you could disassemble such a thing without causing a massive deterioration of atoms, though that gets a bit complicated.

Now this whole things got me thinking about quantum physics xd  
Folly of Man

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff