Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Should inactive guilds be closed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:04 pm
This has high likelihood of becoming a Gaian economics question as well. But you know how there are so many guilds that are dead for years, and it seems like the captains don't even visit Gaia anymore? Should those guilds be closed down to free up space for the website? I mean, it just seems like a waste of e-resources in the long run since these inactive guilds eventually add up. But maybe I'm missing some crucial elements here, since I still don't the workings of this web community in detail. Care to fill in the blanks? An opinion from you, at least?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:51 pm
Some are used as storage facilities. Some are getting sold/bought, and some people just take a WHILE to let go. Deactivated guilds that were never allowed to be used because they were created from a glitch, yes, something should be done with those.

If you edit the guild ID number in the url, the Cappy guild is the oldest guild and it is deactivated now. Maybe Gaia should auction off the guild IDs that are totally empty, no information in the guild, not post s no anything, like the guilds from the glitch.  

LillianSaire

The Phantom Slasher

Noble Prophet

19,475 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:40 am
Also perhaps guilds that have been shut down by gaia that are still around. Like the old captains guild. but also guilds that broke the rules things dedicated to adult content if you catch my drift. stuff like that the IDs space needs to be redistributed for more space.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 pm
No, they shouldn't be.

The old guilds may be reused one day, much like old user accounts.

That is to say ... I think people have changes of heart.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:01 pm
Pilotslover
No, they shouldn't be.

The old guilds may be reused one day, much like old user accounts.

That is to say ... I think people have changes of heart.

On reading the previous posts, I guess I can refine my question a bit more. My intention is to direct it at guilds that will no longer be used, like the deactivated ones mentioned by LillianSaire and The Phantom Slasher. Either that, or possibly giving Gaians the option to close a guild completely and free the guildID back into the market without selling it as a 2nd hand guild.

I do agree with you about old guilds having potential to be picked up again by their captains though.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:29 pm
I think those type guilds, if useful, should be user ran, like the captains guild used to be a user ran guild. now it is deactivated as someone previously said. So I think if the guilds contain useful information, then they should be user ran.  

St._Jimmy

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:13 pm
St._Jimmy
I think those type guilds, if useful, should be user ran, like the captains guild used to be a user ran guild. now it is deactivated as someone previously said. So I think if the guilds contain useful information, then they should be user ran.

I think you completely misunderstood my OP.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:19 am
NomNomNominal
St._Jimmy

I think you completely misunderstood my OP.

hmmm, im srry then, I did misunderstand you, I will wait till I see someone else post then make a new post on my opinion. 3nodding  

St._Jimmy

Distinct Millionaire

3,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Profitable 100
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items