Bring all the boys to the yard
  Damn right, I wanna trade cards
  Damn right, I wanna trade cards
  I can beat you, I got Charizard
View Results

wowippyiscool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:46 pm
Although that's probably the best way to think about it,
it sure does make "shopping" for tattoo artists inconvenient.
Most artists don't want to sit and chat and get to know you,
so it'll probably be hard to get a good idea of his character.

I'd really rather not gamble on my body.
I wish people would just do their jobs, regardless of clients.

I have a friend that just recently started apprenticing,
but it will probably be a while before I'll allow him to tattoo me.
(I don't want to be a test subject.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:42 pm
my initial thought (which is never really very intelligent), is that I guess if a tattoo artist were to be considering a piece following them forever, an attractive, thinner person would be the one to go all out on because they would be showing it off more often (generally).

That's just an assumption of course.

Thinking deeper into it, I guess a larger person would be free to show it off as well, but depending on how large, I might prefer not to see it. haha. (sorry if that's mean, but I'm just being honest).

On another note, I had an awesome teacher who had a lot of good looking tattoos done and she was def not the thinnest pretzel in the bag. so, I'm gonna say that it all depends on the artist.

As for research, can one really dig that deep in to find out whether or not the artist is discriminatory? Unless you like kept tabs on their work and what the people look like who get the best work done, then find a trend...................ugh

Anyway, I don't doubt that stuff like that happens, but I don't see it happening at a high quality, upstanding place where it's obvious they pride themselves on doing a good job. Research of their demeanor is unnnecessary if you just look well into their port.  

Mint Flavored

xKelpiex

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:38 pm
When I was quite ill, I was obsessed with the idea of getting a Sailor Jupiter tattoo. I researched some shops and found one that had just opened up. Because it was new, I didn't know much about its reputation, but their portfolio was amazing so I went ahead and had it done. It was a total screw up. The worst ever and as I was walking out I heard the receptionist tell the tattooist that he had done some shoddy work and the tattoo artist said it was because I was fat and unattractive anyway and they both had a laugh at it. Now I have this horrid tattoo on my leg that is going to cost me a fortune to remove.  
Tattoos

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff