Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Dreams (What's yours?)
Chain's Dream on 3/26/09

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 am
Right. So I was driving home from somewhere... I don't remember where. Anyway, all of a sudden, the freeway I was driving on started splitting off into all these crazy directions, and I didn't know which one was the right one... but it was happening wickedly fast, and it seemed like it was happening faster and faster, in any case, way too fast to even possibly react... even see what the signs said. I saw some that went up, some that went straight ahead and over or under bridges. Then there was one that led like... at at least a 50 degree slope straight friggin' down, and I was forced onto the one after that one, which sloped mildly down. Quickly, this road turned into a very rough dirt road, and all of a sudden became narrow as it sloped down into a... like... cut in the rock, so there were sheer rock walls on each side.

Then, all of a sudden, the right side of the rock wall was gone, and it was like, this frickin' huge canyon or crevasse-like thing that was so wide and so deep that there was actually a haze (like smog in a really big city... or anywhere in California) that made it hard to see the other side or the bottom. It looked at least 15,000 feet deep, and at least that far away (I can say that with fair accuracy because I've flown several times... so I know what mountains and stuff looks like from the air at certain heights). The road was so narrow that I thought my tires would go off the edge and I'd fall in. It didn't help that it was loose, unstable sandy soil ... and it was sloped towards the crevasse. Even when the... well, "platform" of earth and the wall on the left started to curve away and I got more room, there was more sand piled up higher to the left of where I was driving, so I couldn't get away from the edge very well... and sometimes it would even try to push my car off. I stopped the car and got out, and the people in the cars in front of me either kept going or were, like... getting out of their cars and stuff at this observation area kinda thing, and were just standing right on the edge and looking in, all happy and totally not afraid at all.

It was windy, too... of course pushing towards the crevasse. I wanted to get out... get out and get back on the road... but I couldn't leave my car. But it was too big for me to get back... and if I tried to turn it around, it'd fall into the abyss.

A side note. Simetimes when I dream... the sizes of things change. My car got smaller... small enough to be able to drag with one hand (1/5 normal size... yeah, that seems right, I think). So I was crawling back to the road dragging my car, pushing and clawing out of the way the sand that kept falling and making the already small path even smaller. And eventually, I was able to pull my car and myself out, and I made it out of that place... and that was it... I guess you could say I won.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:20 am
The dream probably has something to do with me and the choices I'm making in college right now.

The numerous paths were likely representatives of all the possible choices I could make, and the speed at which they were coming due to the fact that there isn't a lot of time left to make these choices.

Me trying to get home is fairly obvious. Home is a symbol of safety... ending... rest. I wanted to get to safety.

The fact that the path I ended up on was only sloping mildly downhill likely means that the choice I'm making doesn't seem like it's that bad of a choice... or that I think I can handle it (true).

Because it suddenly turned to a rough dirt road shows that, all of a sudden, the path I'm on is going to get really hard.

The wall on the right falling away into that huge crevasse, with the road becoming ever more treacherous, shows that, even if I've made it part of the way, if I don't turn back, I will inevitably fall in the whole, no matter how lucky I am... because that luck will eventually run out as the road got worse and worse. In addition, once I fell off, there would be no turning back.

The haze likely is there because, even right now, if I fail, I have only a vague idea of what the consequences are, but I'm sure they'll be big. Haze is uncertainty... but I can still make out some features... I can see kind of what is there, but not exactly. It also might represent a veil... or perhaps a partial delusion on my part in that if I fail it will not be too bad. I don't know. That haze has a few meanings, really... or it might have no meaning... might just be there to emphasize how big that crevasse is.

That I stopped the car and got out likely is because I realize I can't keep going this way, and I need to get back.

If I had to make a wild friggin' guess, the people standing around at the edge of the canyon represent the other side of me... the side that wants to delude itself into thinking everything is alright, and I don't need to change anything... or that I don't want to believe it might happen... something along those lines. The are definitely a contrast to the concerned an d afrain me, with their total lack of fear and stuff...

I could have walked back... but I needed my car... but my car was too big. My car... is likely a representation of what I'm doing that setting me on this path... in other words, my choices, and my love for games and goofing off. Cars represent transportation, a means of getting from one place to another (choices) ... and my car is something I like and wouldn't easily part with or want to loose (games, and other things).

When the car shrunk, I could move it. The car shrinking likely symbolizes me spending less times on the things that... are screwing me up, really. If my car (my wasted time) was smaller, I could move... If I tried to leave it how it was, I could not move forward without failing, neither could I move back... nor would I get home, or to safety.

The clawing my way back was my mind telling me that getting out of the situation I put myself in would be hard... and it would require a lot of work, but it is possible.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm
That was a pretty wild dream Chain. The analysis was pretty deep too. I usually see mine as entertainment and not so deep. I really find your interpretation interesting. Nice work!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:12 pm
I think that analysis was right on. Of course it's always easier to interpret your own dreams because you know what things mean to you better than anyone else can.

I agree, Hazu, alot of my dreams seem meaningless and it's actually a fun/interesting escape. But every once in a while, I think when your mind has really be preoccupied with a situation/dilemma... your subconscious has a unique way of sorting things out for you.

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:32 pm
I think you are right Gwee, I have heard it from other people. They say that they get inspiration and answers while they are asleep. I think that is really interesting that your subconsious can help if tapped.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:56 am
Wow Chain!! Your dream cycles has inspired me not to give up on my dreams or worry about the way people may or may not interpret them. Thankx a mill love.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Dreams (What's yours?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces