Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
Getting Started, or "I feel lost. Can you help?"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:56 pm
Getting Started

Well, first off, you're going to want to introduce yourself in the "Introduce Yourself" section. Make sure you've read the rules thoroughly, then go to the "Student Database" subforum and post a profile of your Aura Academy student.

Once your profile has been posted and approved by a moderator, you are welcome to begin posting in the general roleplays. Closed roleplay threads will be marked with -->, meaning simply that there's a story in progress. You can politely PM the moderator of the thread to see if there is a way to get in, or you can wait for a new roleplay thread to start up.

Make sure that you stay fairly active - we will be understanding if you can only post once or twice a day, but don't start a roleplay if you're going to be gone for some time. Otherwise, you might return to find that your character was killed off rather brutally, or you may even have been banned. One month without posting counts as one strike towards your three.

Now, as for the format for the profile, please keep it clean and simple. The format will be in the next post.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:04 pm
Character Name

Sex: male or female, of course

Height: y'know, how tall? Right? You did know that, right?

Weight: A roleplay character cannot be embarrassed.

Description:
This should be quite detailed. You are welcome to include a character picture if you would like. Do not put "he/she looks like my avi" or I will personally delete the entire thing and make you start over. I change my avi everyday, and we never know when you'll change yours. If you'd like it to look like your current Gaia avatar, you may place a TekTek instead of a picture.

Bio:
Please be fairly detailed here. This is where your friends and fellow roleplayers will go to find out a bit about your character, what they like and don't like, what they need and don't need, et cetera.

Talents:
Anything unique about your character, in full sentence form please.

Areas of Interest:
What your character is interested in studying. Again, in full sentences, please.

Armament:
Please keep this reasonable. There will of necessity be some fighting in Aura Academy's stories, as this is a necessity in all great adventures, but I don't want to see characters lunging around carrying tank cannons, or having everyone carry a pair of dueling pistols. That's rather silly. If you choose to include this, expect the list to be scrutinized veeeeery carefully.  

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:32 pm
Roleplaying

There are three kinds of roleplays in Aura Academy. The following describes the proper procedures for posting in each one.

Linear
Linear roleplays are simply the official, timeline-based guild roleplays. They are segmented into "terms", corresponding to the school terms. You can jump in and start posting as long as its within the first ten pages - otherwise, you need to PM a guild crewmember for permission to join in. These roleplays are affected by what happens outside of the roleplay between terms (I.E., when there is no current official RP), but not when it is in session.

Casual
This would be the constant roleplays taking place about the guild. Such areas as the bedrooms, commons areas, Prometheus city's various locations, and such like are open to constant roleplaying. These are individual - I.E., something happening in your bedroom doesn't mean that something can't happen in a cafe in Prometheus city.

Independent
These are roleplays in their own section of the guild. These are run by guildmembers, and based on steampunk universes of their own creation. These have nothing to do with Aura Academy, but they must have something to do with Steampunk. The thread creators are responsible for the content of these threads, and these threads will be monitored on occasion by crewmembers and moderators. You need to have permission to start one of these threads.

Aura Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games