Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Animation Station - Post your views
The Worst Animated Shows

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:13 pm
I was mulling it around and generally I don't like doing these type of threads. Then I realized that even if you post them it means it was something that stuck with you. That means, that at least it has some merit to talk about.

One show I just saw that merits being here is Happily Never After 2. It was supposed to be a sequel to the generally more amusing first. Unfortunately it fails on that and many fronts. Almost none of the original characters are in this except two. None of the animation if very good especially for a computer generated animated feature. (I know it was direct to DVD, but I don't think that is much of an excuse). The story line was so shallow that it would barely fill a paragraph in a book. In general I was disappointed. If you see it, give your thoughts smile

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:38 pm
eek It's so empty here!!!!
I haven't seen that movie, but I have to admit that even the previews make it look kinda lame!! xp  

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:20 am
It is so true for both!  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:15 pm
I saw it and you're right Hazumu. It was lame indeed. Never should have made it!  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 am
Here is another so-so animated show Igor. The animation is so-so, certainly not the worst I have ever seen. What I took issue with is the characters and the story. It was a super meager plot, that really didn't describe the world well or make you get a feel for all the players. The characters were very limited in scope, and almost stereotypical. It was nice that they played it from the "evil side" but still... The secondary characters in this were at best lame, at worst they were plot devices.

If you feel the need to bore yourself for a little over an hour watch it, otherwise its best just to watch something else.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:24 am
I was recently watching the Magic Knights of Rayearth. The show itself overall is really cute. But what I don't like is whenever one of the girls gets upset, she suddenly switches from a normal looking teenage girl or young woman, into a temperamental high strung preteen or adolescent. The face they make during this transition is horrible. Yet everything else seems to real. I hate it when the dummy up a anime show.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am
The Misadventures of Flapjack

The animation style is just awful. The stories are usually gross or meaningless. Plus its not even funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:22 am
I have to agree about that anime. If what they show are real...I'd puke. Especialy if they smell so bad.

And yeah, most scenes are ridiculous. xp  

FTGenikit

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Vicious Mockery
Crew

Friendly Browser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 am
Hazumu-san
The Misadventures of Flapjack

The animation style is just awful. The stories are usually gross or meaningless. Plus its not even funny.

The theme song is gross and has nothing to do with the plot line or actual show...
And the commercials for the premiere kept implying to me that it's a horror show...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:25 pm
If you ask me...it even made Chowder a better show in some case.
However, I doubt it becuase I don't really like either of it much.  

FTGenikit

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:15 pm
Chowder is another horrible one, but as you said even Flapjack makes it almost tolerable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 am
True...
I mean " A chef always uses his gut feeling. What does your gut say, Chowder?" sounds better than " Ahhhh! We got foot burn!" [insert image of disgusting burned wrinkled feet]  

Vicious Mockery
Crew

Friendly Browser

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 am
I know this will be kinda controversial but Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Thats another bleh in my book. Its gross, its poorly animated and storyline, come on please!

If you have a argument for please say so... I am really interested in another view. smile

Animation Station - Post your views

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games