Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:11 am
How about this? Both the American and Japanese commercials for the game.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:27 pm
The scariest part of those commercials is that they included the Great Fairy's Mask in the Japanese one.

Honestly, I don't see what's so scary about Majora's Mask (other than Tingle, of course). The only things I've ever had problems with in a Zelda game were Under the Well in Ocarina of Time (and I've gotten over that), and any kind of spider creature in Twilight Princess (and only because I have a problem with spiders). As for difficulty, I've probably beaten this game more than any other Zelda other than Ocarina of Time. The one game that has ever given me trouble was Zelda II, which I still haven't beaten. Is anyone else the same way or is it just me?  

GuruGuru214

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:18 pm
GuruGuru214
The scariest part of those commercials is that they included the Great Fairy's Mask in the Japanese one.

Honestly, I don't see what's so scary about Majora's Mask (other than Tingle, of course). The only things I've ever had problems with in a Zelda game were Under the Well in Ocarina of Time (and I've gotten over that), and any kind of spider creature in Twilight Princess (and only because I have a problem with spiders). As for difficulty, I've probably beaten this game more than any other Zelda other than Ocarina of Time. The one game that has ever given me trouble was Zelda II, which I still haven't beaten. Is anyone else the same way or is it just me?

I have long since beaten Zelda II.

Would you think this is scary for a roughly 10-11 year old kid?
Majora's Mask is renowned as the darkest of the series, and is considered the most twisted Zelda to date, even though some feel that the new game Twilight Princess expresses more mature and dark elements.

Notably, Majora's Mask aims itself at the depressing side of things, with lamenting melodies and darker side characters. As the player, the game gives you no ultimatum, and you are faced with the knowledge that the world of Termina will be destroyed at the end of three days, unless the Ocarina of Time is used to return to the dawn of the First Day. In addition to this, most characters in the game are unaware of the danger and some inevitably reject the chance to save themselves.

On top of this, Link must go through this as a living breathing character, knowing that he is the only one aware of what will and has happened, Link is still shunned by most characters even though he is out to save them. This theme of the Hero of Time especially as well as other Link character in the timeline being ignored or rejected puts a large depressing note over the game series, but the doom of world destruction is most present in Majora's Mask. Even the worlds name, Termina, is derived from several European words meaning Doom. The knowledge that events will reoccur without any hope of prevention implants a desire to change the game itself for the player and brings out real emotion and will to prevent events happening. This is contrary to most games which surprise the player with something unexpected, Majora does the opposite, filling players with regret in the knowledge that they can do little else but watch as the world gets destroyed, creating a very strong reason to complete the game.(Source)

If I was ten or eleven I would be shaking in my boots.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:26 pm
Hobo Scruffy
*totally wants to play the game again* O 3o

I already restarted it. I love this game so much. <3  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hobo Scruffy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:31 pm
Zephyrkitty
Hobo Scruffy
*totally wants to play the game again* O 3o

I already restarted it. I love this game so much. <3

I'd totally start it up again, but I still haven't finished OoT from my last restart. And I'm only at the Water Temple. It's gonna be awhile before I'll be playing this one again. x-x;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:48 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
GuruGuru214

I have long since beaten Zelda II.

Would you think this is scary for a roughly 10-11 year old kid?
Majora's Mask is renowned as the darkest of the series, and is considered the most twisted Zelda to date, even though some feel that the new game Twilight Princess expresses more mature and dark elements.

Notably, Majora's Mask aims itself at the depressing side of things, with lamenting melodies and darker side characters. As the player, the game gives you no ultimatum, and you are faced with the knowledge that the world of Termina will be destroyed at the end of three days, unless the Ocarina of Time is used to return to the dawn of the First Day. In addition to this, most characters in the game are unaware of the danger and some inevitably reject the chance to save themselves.

On top of this, Link must go through this as a living breathing character, knowing that he is the only one aware of what will and has happened, Link is still shunned by most characters even though he is out to save them. This theme of the Hero of Time especially as well as other Link character in the timeline being ignored or rejected puts a large depressing note over the game series, but the doom of world destruction is most present in Majora's Mask. Even the worlds name, Termina, is derived from several European words meaning Doom. The knowledge that events will reoccur without any hope of prevention implants a desire to change the game itself for the player and brings out real emotion and will to prevent events happening. This is contrary to most games which surprise the player with something unexpected, Majora does the opposite, filling players with regret in the knowledge that they can do little else but watch as the world gets destroyed, creating a very strong reason to complete the game.(Source)

If I was ten or eleven I would be shaking in my boots.

A fair point. I was 12 when Majora's Mask came out, and at the time Pokemon was pulling me from being a casual gamer with my Genesis back to my roots with the Game Boy Color and N64. By the time I played my first Zelda, Oracle of Ages, I was 13 or 14, so I guess I must not have gotten my hands on Majora's Mask until high school. Somehow that doesn't feel right, but if I think about it I guess I must've played Ages and then ran the series at some point in the next two years, because I know I had played all but Zelda II by 10th grade. Also, I don't really remember what sort of stuff scared me as a 10 year old. I see the dark aspect of the game, and I see the parts that are just plain odd, I just have a lot of trouble viewing any of that through a perspective that makes it scary. I don't deny that it might be to some people, I just can't see it that way myself.

As for the Zelda II thing, I managed to build up enough interest to try it once, but I got stuck and never built up the interest again. It's the bane of my existence, a blemish on my record I just can't seem to force myself to overcome...  

GuruGuru214

Pachipie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:07 am
It's been a reeeeally long time since I played it, but I do remember the creepy Redeads and nightmares from the general concept of the moon falling...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:47 am
While one may attest that's it's scary, you can also guarantee, that it's full of laughs.

Just remember;
DON'T SHOOT THE BOMB BAG.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:32 pm
Just so you know for the age I meant Link's age. He was roughly ten in Ocarina of Time so he should be close to ten or eleven in Majora's Mask.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:27 pm
Actually, I lied, the most scariest and unavoidable thing in that game was that giant bird right outside the entrance to the swamp. You know, the thing that made a like-like look like a happy little slug in comparison? Because with a like-like, it didn't move that much, and it was more annoying than anything, But this mutated christmas dinner actually DIVE BOMBS you, steals your sword, makes this freaky noise, and flies away before you finally manage to kill it with a s**t load of arrows. Then you get a few hundred rupees afterwards, but still, it was SpOoKy.

*goes away to hide in emo corner*  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

ultimatesmasher

Aged Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:53 am
I actually get more creepy chills from Ocarina of Time: Master Quest than Majora's Mask  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:09 am
Zephyrkitty
Sazuka57
TtheHero
kakarikosheikah
Sazuka57
The way you transform when you put the deku, zora, and goron masks on without pressing start to skip through it...truly dreadful. >.<

Actually, you can skip it by pressing the corresponding C button/stick depending on what console you're using.

Boom.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Face your fears now, or they will mock you forever.
Noooooo!!!!
burning_eyes

crying
Scary....

User Image

You just gave me a post- heart attack.  

MaverickDrifter

Kyoskue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:50 am
Spanish Majora's Mask Commercial
Man, I do love that game. I liked the atmosphere so much, it was like the 3-D equivalent of Link's Awakening, which was the first semi-dark Zelda game.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff