Submit

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:59 pm
Okay, most of you know who he is, I'm assuming. The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons are his big two works. I think that these are mystery books, myself, so they are here. What do you all think of the books. Do you find any of the characters too cliche?

Personally, I thought Camerlengo Ventresca was kind of cliche. He's a fanatical priest who's willing to do whatever it takes to support the church. Yay?

Did the books throw you for as many loops as they did me, or am I just not intelligent enought?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:02 pm
No they definitely threw me through a few loops...

While I love The Da Vinci Code, I thought that Angels & Demons was better... and actually I thought that Deception Point was better than both of them... only slightly though. Deception Point had me guessing the entire book and was an amazing read!

Actually, if you like Dan Brown, I would highly recommend James Rollins. All of his books that I've read were amazing. I got hooked with his book Map of Bones, it starts a small series with the same characters in it. But his other books are amazing as well.  

Ismira87

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am
Post 1/43

I am very excited that they are finally making a movie out of Angels and Demons! I doubt that it will be very good, but still! It should be at least decent!  
Mystery

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games