Submit

Anime?
  Yes
  No
  Undecided
View Results

PhantomElf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:23 pm
I can't get anyones piccies to show up!! gonk I just voted undecided. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:17 am
anime is very flexable. theres lots of different styles. i think what you drew is a mix of many things, but it could definately be classified under anime. i mean just look at the eyes. hey kinda scream anime to me  

White_Ryvnn

ladymoongem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:40 pm
I'd say I'm not experienced enough with anime to say either way what it is. So why am I posting? Just to tell you that it's really good! The colour is great and the eyes are great as well. Good job! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:23 am
Anime comes in alot of styles, so it doesn't have to look like the typical anime style.  

Satochan

pink sexy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 am
I think it's more realism/cartoon, but quite leaning towards anime. Hard for me to tell! blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 am
It is anime, there is a distinct difference between anime and american cartoons (and I don't mean things like bugs bunny and such) if you look at how americans draw cartoons (those who do not draw anime) and people who draw anime there is always a different look about it. Your picture is more of a chibi like anime style.  

cart22

chaotic_malys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:44 pm
No. I can see how some people might think so, given the person has large eyes, but people also overgeneralize things and automatically assume "anime" when something has big eyes these days.

The nose is too large, as is the chin, the face shape is more real-style for it to be anime style in any way. 3nodding

I hope that helps.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:30 am
With my definition I would have to say no.
What I percieve as anime is the lack of detail in exchange for something that would involve action, but there are some new peices of art that focus on detail whilst still having that sort of Anime-ish charm, but from what I've seen this would most likely go into a less anime catergory.
But it still has the potential to pass off as anime.  

[M-D]

Hagame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:41 am
not to seem mean but it seems like a bit of those want to be animes. im sorry if this is offensive but it looks good though. But still i stick with my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:57 am
It's anime to me.  

SiuHai

Eamane_Palantir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:41 am
mmm... i don't think it's anime it looks to real to be anime just because it has large eyes doesn't mean that it's anime. but in a sense anime comes in different ways now so it might just be. but to me it's not that anime-ish.the sketch is ok though smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:18 pm
hmm I think it looks great! and I personaly whant your skills! Its anime-realism, or thats what one of the oekakis I draw on refers it as, its basicly anime, with a few realistic kinks. Such as the detailed shading and the nose is smother. Great style! Maybe you could give me some tips some time smile  

Jessi Kaiba

The Anime Art Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces