Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Tea Party

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latopazora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 am
anyone going to the tea parties today? I'm thinking of attending, get a cup of tea from Starbucks and show my support.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:40 pm
No. It's aimless. The whole thing smacks of contrived rage. Obama didn't invent deficits, TARP, or big government. All three came up plenty while Bush was in office. These events just look like the pouting of losers who have no consistant principles, and because of that when we actually do need organized opposition, like for cap and trade, the public will already be turned off to it. This whole damn thing was a stupid waste of time.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 pm
even if we didn't have protest, what makes you think the public will give us an ear when we do have more organized oppositions to single issues? I do agree, it does feel like a waste of time when the media makes us look like all white, stupid bigots. But they will do that with whatever action we take, so we do what we can to make our voices heard.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 am
You conflate public and media. The media will never give the right a fair shake, but the public frequently do. Cases in point: 2000 and 2004. However, you can also exhaust the public's receptiveness and damage your own cause, and I think this did. If conservatives are going to protest about things while Obama is president that they didn't protest about when Bush was president, why listen to them on anything they have to say? You know their agenda going in.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

stop drop and listen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:09 am
I wanted to go to one. D;  
Twizzle Dizzle Red generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 49!
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:17 pm
The tea parties were a blast ! I went to one. I also went to meet a couple guys running for congress in our state next year. Thats where we get em. Next year we can take control of congress back. Obama's watchin his back now and treading a bit more carefully but I think we got a good shot at things next year because of pelosi lying herself into the corner, and because of barney franks, chris dodd, arlen specter and a lot of other idiots who shouldn't be in office.  

Twizzle Dizzle Red

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:23 am
I didn't go to a tea party, but my sister ran one and it got televised, she said it was a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 am
Sips quietly on her cup of Persian Tea. She withdraws her tea bag from her cup and begins to stir her tea. "Tis a Good on the morrow, of a rainy day. Yes?"  

The Healthy Cigarette

drewcrew9675

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 am
well my sister did and she kicked some chick from acorn and the demicratic parties a**. Hella funny. the chick slaped,pinched,pulled hair, while my sister waz F*****g throwing punches  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games