Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Do you know more about the Bible than Christans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

(Person Count!)
  I read this :D
View Results

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 am
Distorted_Image
I might have read the Children's Bible when I was younger and gotten a glance at Revelations, but otherwise, I never, ever read the Bible in full.

I don't mind looking at verses for proof, but I can't stand to actually read it. And besides, I grew up Baptist/New Age...which is a retarded form of guilt, in my opinion. And quite honestly, I fell out of the Christian spectrum faster than New Age, and the New Age fallout is a bit recent...like 1-2 months ago...maybe 3.
User ImageBaptist and New Age? How does that work? XD

And Ophiucha - I love Episcopalians so much. I was raised as one and I credit my experiences in the ECUSA with a lot of my morals. At my Episcopal church, we would discuss WHY certain things were right or wrong, not just "God said so." It really gave me a strong basis for morality once I lost my faith.User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:40 am
No, I don't know more, because I don't give a ******** about the bible  

adolfchrist

TheSeeker1488

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 pm
Yeah, usually I'm more educated in Christianity than Christians. Obviously if they had actually scrutinized their beliefs, they wouldn't be Christians anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Shounen-Ai Fangirl Moegi
Friend- No he doesn’t! If you believe in Jesus and love him and if you are a heterosexual, God will love you and welcome you to the Kingdom of Heaven.

It's sad how they know next to nothing about their own "sacred text", but will blindly believe in stereotypical stuff like loving jesus, going to heaven and homophobic beliefs.

I went to a Roman Catholic school from first to seventh grade, and religion was a required course, so I've been dumped with all these religious stuff in my head (most of which I forgot). But since recently I've been paying a lot of attention to my atheism so I'm getting in contact with the bible again and can use it against christians themselves.

As some people have said, reading the bible is the surest path to atheism.  

=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=

piscator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:20 am
iI got into a protracted argument with a co-worker and told him the only Religon thats comes close is buddism by wild circumstanse the next day my boss sends me a guy with 150 iq and is a buddist we tore up the 7th day adventist and the disscussion ended like this

adventist "ok if i am right and you are wrong i will sit at gods right hand and you will burn in a lake of FIRE"

My reply "if i am right and you are wrong I live for good because its the right thing to do and you belong to the most deceptive group that has ever been

raised and abused at catholic schools for 10 years'
since i have been "saved " from religon i have read the bible twice for good measure and its ok for a fairy tale  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:13 am
Lol nice story. I know a decent amount of the Bible but I don't know about "more than most Christians". Definitely more than that friend of yours though lol. I know less than most my friends here but that's because most of them are pretty religious.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

StevenStBlaize

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:56 am
Some Christians probably know more than me, some less, but I can definitely hold my own in a decent debate.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:54 pm
Here is all I know and all I need to know from the bible:
Apparently, some bearded big dude in the sky made this earth in seven days, 2 people ates apples and god went "OMGWTF!" Then shunned em or something. They made babies, and this ones guys Moses did some cool stuff, and this one guy got a boat and helped save the earth or w/e. And blah blah, Jesus said stuff, blah blah, he got killed on a cross thingy, and blah blah.

Bad grammars and stuff.  

I Am A Mountie

Mrithyu

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 pm
I've only touched a Bible like twice in my life, and promptly fell asleep 5 mins later, so no, I don't 3nodding  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff