Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Subforums in guilds Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How often do you look at them?
  Everytime I visit
  Frequently enough
  Occasionally
  Rarely
  Never or almost never
View Results

shall she sail seas

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 pm
Hmm... what do you mean there's no info about the subforums? Not quite sure I understand you here, Neo.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:14 pm
I visit all of the subforums in my Pokemon guild once, almost everytime that I am online.  

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Spring and Summer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 pm
My members hardly ever visit the subforums, but in order to sort of motivate them to do so, I created a "Chatterbox", "Extended Discussion", "Roleplay Forum" and "Contests Forum". People go to the chatterbox, but not very much in the other ones =[  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:27 pm
In most guilds, the subforums are never active. They would be if the quantity of the members increased.  

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 am
LillianSaire
I think dead subforums teach people to not visit subforums, which makes them all dead. Excessive subforums and no reason to use them (such as the main forum not moving even half a page in a day) are part of what started this cycle. When the main is slow the crew and captain care less about putting threads where they should go, putting a thread in a subforum to keep in on a first page isn't needed, and typically the different uses for each forum in the guild will be more narrow than they need to be.

A cycle.
Read it.

With no or few new thread in a subforum people check less and therefore post less there. Fewer people go, fewer bother to make the thread there instead of somewhere else. Thus, eventually no one visits the subforum any more.

Sure, new members will go there, maybe post. It won't take long for them to stop checking too.

A cycle, and it spreads from one guild to the next too.

Stop going a**l about organizing by using 10 subs, or force them to be used once you make them. Seriously, even massive guilds have dead subforums because visiting them is that much out of habit. Only make or set up a sub for use if it is necessary and if the guild has enough activity to support it.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff