Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Idea for the guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DanskiWolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:26 am
Sorry about the inactivity, I've been very busy these last few weeks.

But I was thinking. Perhaps the guild should remodel itself from a Republican guild to a Conservative one. I think that would increase the number of topics that could be discussed as it would no longer be limited to just the American GOP. More focus could be put on discussing international issues and non-American conservative parties. Eg. the Conservative Party of the UK is very likely to win the next elections (probably held this year) and that could be an interesting topic to discuss and perhaps learn a thing or two.

So...whaddaya think?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:44 pm
The problem with that is that the Republican party is not synonymous with Conservatism. There is a very large moderate movement within the GOP. Check out the election results of the 1992 elections, paying particular attention to the vote share of H. Ross Perot, if you want an idea on that. If this goes from being the catch-all GOP forum to a much more tailored "conservative" forum, I bolt.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

James628

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 pm
I have allready started a Guild For those "actual Conservatives" http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/?guild_id=69821  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 pm
Moving the Guild to be a 'Conservative' one would change the meaning of the guild in general, as conservative views generally reflect the republican party, however, there are already a number of conservative guilds. However, it is a great idea.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items