Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
SUPER SPECIAL SECRET STUFFS

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LillianSaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:46 pm
Quote:
Guilds and How You Can Make A Difference
No promises, because all is mutable and things have a tendency to go awry when I say them, but... it looks like there might be a way to allow guilds to send PMs to their members without overloading the system. We're pretty serious about this and if it happens, it would probably happen in the next two months. More information when we drill down.

A big part of how we allocate our time is based on user reaction to the features that we do, but more than just SF threads, it's how the usage patterns change. Over the next month or two guild owners will have some of the improvements that they've been asking for... and in return we ask that you show us that it actually makes a difference. Go out and recruit some more members! Get some good threads going! Get people excited about your guild!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/journal.php?mode=viewarchive&post_id=27118763&u=8357925

Okay... so not so 'secret' but um... *runs away*

PS if you didn't know this already you are REALLY slow and need to subscribe to some dev journals. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 pm
xd Mamarita should be happy about that. I can think of a lot of things we can use them for too. heart  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

WindowOpener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:29 pm
OMF biggrin heart

*hops away to clean out his inbox in anticipation of an upcoming flood* whee whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:19 pm
Yes, we had some great brainstorming sessions on how to bring Mass PM back to guilds. Panagrammic has been a great supporter, and Mass PM has been at the top of my "HOT GUILD TOPICS" list on my whiteboard here for quite some time. As the product manager for guilds and forums, I need to justify what features we work on (ie: require developers, UI folks, etc) and its not always as simple as people think. There is always the balance of time, benefit, cost and I think we've done a good job on the roadmap so far....

We've delivered some great features/benefits lately, like:
- new guilds landing page that shows most recent forum activity
- new join request alert (in guild header)
- no more VC mutiny (VC can't overthrow captain)
- TONS of bug fixes
- auto-accept of join requests

and all that we ask in return is some serious guild engagement! This will really help us justify our work on guilds going forward. Sneak peek: mass PM will also help solve some of the "what to do with guild gold" issues smile

I've always wanted to do a grass roots "I <3 Gaia Guilds" campaign where we get the guild members to start an underground surge in guild activity....but just haven't had he time sad So, I second the request - please go recruit users, but more importantly, encourage discussion/posts!  

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

Silent elf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:27 pm
Are ever going to be able to delete useless forums .  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:29 am
Silent elf

Oh come on!  

WindowOpener

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 am
WindowOpener
Silent elf

Oh come on!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Be reasonable, the guilds team has FINALLY given us some useful updates and all you can do is ask about Subforums? Maybe you shouldn't have set so many up in the first place.

Wesden - Please be sure to pass on my thanks to the rest of the team, now we're finally getting useful updates I'm a far happier bunny. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:15 pm
Er, send my regards as well. Even though it looks like I'm complaining on the topic posted. sweatdrop  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Resources & Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items