Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
R, S, SuperS? Do they stand for something?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  GOLD!!!
View Results

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:41 pm
I can never find a straight answer for this.

What do the letters stand for? Using letters like Z and X tend to have no meaning behind them--it just sounds cool. But R and S is different. Also the 4th season is "Super" S, so surely it does have some meaning.

I was told but an unreliable source that R stood for "Revived." It makes sense, but I still don't know. Anther source said it was "Reunion" which does make some sense, but has a few discrepancies.

Any guru out there know for certain?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

==========
A very small degree of hope

According to wikipedia (under the different lists of season episodes) the R in "Sailor Moon R" can stand for either "Romance" or "Return"
For the R, I can see it standing more for romance since so much relationship crap happens in the season

As for the S, it says that it stands for "Super" and "is pronounced as such in the series' eyecatches". No idea why

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:24 pm
I have a second reference from Absolute Anime for the R=Romance and S=Super.

Still what about "Super S"?

...Super Super... question

Wikipedia describes it as Sailor Moon Supers, Super plural with the S apart of the word....

Am I mistaken--is the S on the end just capitalized? I was never interested enough in that season to tell the difference, but my friends who could recite japanese lines from those episodes always called it Super S.

I am confused.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:08 pm

==========
A very small degree of hope

Yes, the S on the end is capitalized (but I never saw alot of that season either. I read the manga instead)

So what are you confused about?

is sufficient to cause the birth of love
==========

Venombabe

Timely Muse

14,125 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:21 pm
I'm confused about A) what the last S really is (thank you for solving that) and B) whether or not my friends are idiots (oh, thank you for solving that too). Them being idiots doesn't shock me much though.

YAY! CASE SOLVED!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm
I know that this conversation has stopped, but is it okay if I say what I thought they stood for? sweatdrop

My dad actually bought the movies before buying the series, so that question came up there also. When I saw the movies, I began thinking about what the letters stood for. And I came up with:

Sailor Moon R the Movie- It has lots of roses in it, so the R might mean "Rose".

Sailor Moon S the Movie- It has these snow monster things and how the bad guy is trying to turn Earth into an icebox, so the S might mean "Snow".

Sailor Moon Super S the Movie- No idea whatsoever what the Super S meant.

This was before the actual series, so now that I've watched up to Super S, I know that what I posted above doesn't work.  

Pudding McMuffin

8,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

SailorX2

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:38 pm
maybe the last S stands for senshi or scouts? the other senshi get thier super transformations in this season if i remember right  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:20 am
Girlie Hero
I have a second reference from Absolute Anime for the R=Romance and S=Super.

Still what about "Super S"?

...Super Super... question

Wikipedia describes it as Sailor Moon Supers, Super plural with the S apart of the word....

Am I mistaken--is the S on the end just capitalized? I was never interested enough in that season to tell the difference, but my friends who could recite japanese lines from those episodes always called it Super S.

I am confused.

contrary to popular belief, Super S doesn't stand for Super Super. if you read my posts, I write it as SuperS. that's because in Japanese it is in fact plural Super. as in Supers. It was Called Super S for stylistic purposes. Although I have heard it argued that it could stand for Super Senshi or Super Soldier.

But from what I have heard at cons it just stands for Supers. to answer SailorX2, yes they all get a power upgrade in SuperS. Which is probably why it's called Supers.  

NichiTsukinoko

XxAnother_NobodyxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:48 am
Girlie Hero
I'm confused about A) what the last S really is (thank you for solving that) and B) whether or not my friends are idiots (oh, thank you for solving that too). Them being idiots doesn't shock me much though.

YAY! CASE SOLVED!!!

i think it stands for super sailor something like that  
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces