!
View Results

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:55 am
Three small x's on my right arm (since I'm straight edge m/ )
I'll post few photos later but now I have this question... I know this is kind of stupid, but is it normal that (the tattoo is only about 20-something hours old) and when I'm wearing it without the bandages it looks like the shiny new healing skin is about to fall apart ;__; When I put lotion on it it looks alright but then the lotion dries up and it looks like this again gonk Is this normal, am I being paranoid? Or should I put some lotion and bandage on it so that it would stay nice and humid?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:12 pm
um truthfully, you aren't suppose to put lotion on it.
at least that's what my tattooist told me. he gave me some stuff to put on it. and yeah, my tattoo looked like that too. its normal. i was freaking out a bit too since i could actually look down and see it on my ankle.
but most tattoos in the first 24 to 48 hours will ooze. and that will give it the shiny look.
and the best thing to do is not to bandage it. your tattoo needs to breath.
if needed, call your tattooist and ask them questions about your tattoo. they'll understand that its your first tattoo and that its totally normal to be paranoid a bit.  

Quadums

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:48 am
Your tattoo will look 'shiny' because of the lotion you're putting on it. What's happening once it dries is normal - it's just part of the healing process. You shouldn't re-bandage your tattoo once you remove the original bandaging your tattoo artist puts on it. Remember that in a few days, your tattoo will scab up. This is just another part of the healing process, and it's extremely important that you don't pick or peel at the scabs because if you do, you risk picking out parts of your tattoo and ruining it.

If you can get your hands on it, try getting a hold of some Tattoo Goo. It's really good stuff for making tattoos heal quickly and safely. You should be able to get it at your local tattoo and piercing studio. Try calling up the studio you went to and ask your artist or another employee there if they have any a their shop. If not, see if they know where you can get some.
You can use normal lotion {unscented is preferred}, but Tattoo Goo is honestly a lot better and healthier for it. =]

Congrats on your first tattoo, by the way.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm
Ok, lotion is a wrong word for it. The tattooist told me to buy this "lotion" from the pharmacy.
The tattoo has healed really nicely (:

Sini X

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100

Taigeku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:45 am
Yarr.

I luff Goo.

And I luff SxE/XXX kids.

<3