Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Fanfiction
The Twin Swords: A Soul Calibur Fan-Fiction FEEDBACK PLEASE!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:43 am
Post 1/36

This is my only clean fan-fiction, so I figured I'd put it up on here. It's just really an alternate ending to Soul Calibur Three, so please give me some feedback!

Soul Calibur Fan Fiction:
The Twin Swords

Within a cathedral, far from any other place on any map, there stands a grand monument, a monument vital to the survival of the world. Here, the spirit sword, Soul Calibur, stands, sealing away the “Sword of Heroes”, Soul Edge. Yet, a single madman sees this not as a dangerous piece of history, but rather as an opportunity. These swords are his opportunity to die.
Zasalamel has lived longer than any other person on Earth. He is continually reincarnated, forced to live forever. He learned of the two swords, their power beyond that of any other thing on the planet. Now, he stands before this altar, his dark skin covered in a cold sweat, “Now, after so many years, so many lives, my curse is broken! I shall die!” he reached out to grab the handle and pull the sword from its resting place.
“Just what do you think you’re doing?” a woman with short, white hair stood before Zasalamel now, a writhing sword clutched in her fist, “I asked you a question!”
“Just stay dead. This does not concern you! Just let me die!” Zasalamel swung his scythe forward, slashing into this woman’s shoulder, “Leave me, or I shall have to kill you.” Zasalamel, now running out of time, swept the sword into his hand.
Ivy watched as the transformation began. The man’s scythe simply evaporated, leaving no trace behind. Green vines came up over his body, working their way under his skin as they slipped over his face. His arm became contorted, now resembling a corpse.
At the same time filaments of blue crystal ran into the vines. His chest became a violent vortex of energy where the two substances met. He screamed in agony, as what remained of his skin burned away, replaced by cold, black metal. He held the two swords, now separated, in his gnarled hands.
Zasalamel rushed at Ivy, feeling the power surge within his heart. She raised her sword in order to deflect the attack. Soul Edge cut through the weapon like paper. Zasalamel shredded her, leaving only thin ribbons of bloody tissue behind. He collapsed to his knees, drinking the blood tainted by the darkness. He wanted MORE! His craving for the blood became all encompassing! He stormed off, seeking the familiar energies of the two swords.
His search had led him to the heart of a volcano. He had already torn through the rocky surface, letting the magma wash over him and knowing that it would do nothing to him. As he was making his way into the volcano, he suddenly fell, vomiting bile all over the earthen floor. He stayed there for many minutes, not able to move from the pain.
He was finally able to make his way towards the huge source of energy he had felt. He broke into a cavern, killing all of the pathetic guards in a single swipe of Soul Calibur’s shining blade. He found what he was looking for. The red shards of Soul Edge lay in front of him. He absorbed them into the nexus in his chest, but he felt a different energy near by. He broke open a seal on the wall, in a frenzy to find this new power.
Shining blue crystals had been thrown into this room. Zasalamel could not believe it possible, but the proof was here in front of him. These were shards of Soul Calibur! Had the spirit sword truly been broken? It was insane to think, but, as Zasalamel absorbed the shrapnel, he could feel the energy pulsate within him! The blue sword glowed fiercely as it was reunited with the pieces of its own form. An image began to grow in the reflective surface of the spirit sword.
Zasalamel saw Nightmare and Siegfried, both frantically dueling within the confines of Ostrheinsburg Castle. Zasalamel laughed at the plan forming in his mind, now more twisted than before. He set off, using his newfound power to propel himself to Germany.
Nightmare and Siegfried fighting was a rather ironic event in the mind of Zasalamel. Nightmare had used the young man’s body as his vessel before Zasalamel himself had revived the Azure Knight. Now, as the new lord of both ancient swords strode into the midst of battle, they would be joined once again, though this time in a battle to save their own lives.
Siegfried attempted to pierce Zasalamel’s body with his sword, pulling back to stab through his stomach. Zasalamel looked into his eyes, a twisted, polyphonic voice issuing from his mouth, “Pitiful mortal, you cannot hope to defeat me!” he grabbed Requiem from his hands and snapped it in two, stabbing the point through Siegfried and nailing him to the floor. Then he turned his efforts towards the Knight of Soul Edge.
Rather than wield Soul Calibur against him, Nightmare was run through with the Sword of Heroes. His form began to melt inwards, flowing steadily into the demon blade. The blue armor, which had been imbued with the power of darkness, clattered to the ground, shattering into pieces.
Zasalamel began to glow, having reabsorbed so much power. He let the power fill up the entire palace, drawing in all of the evil remaining there from the old days. This castle had once been the home of Knightmare and had contained the portal to the hellish land of Tartaros. As the shadows merged back in with himself, he witnessed Siegfried’s corpse burning, the energy of Soul Calibur flowing into its new master.
“What do you want?” a young girl appeared before Zasalamel, a circular blade clasped in her bony fingers, “Answer me!”
Zasalamel could feel her body resonating with demonic energy. He heard both of his swords scream, one wanting to conjoin with her, the other repulsed by her presence. The beast spoke to her, “I want to grant you power,” with that he extended out the blade of Soul Edge, beckoning for her to grab it. He twisted his face into the best smile he could manage.
Tira felt the dark blade cut her skin, her blood flowing into the ever-blinking eye. Her body was wrought with pain as she, too, began to metamorphose. Black, charred bones began to jut out of her body, covering her in spikes. The weapon she carried was engulfed in icy black flames. She now knew what Soul Edge wanted of her, “What do you desire, my lord?” her voice echoed in her throat.
“Go forth and collect the power of the twin swords! Do not disappoint me!” the girl jumped into the air, her body taking the form of a pitch-black hawk. Zasalamel was pleased. This would go far faster this way, and the girl’s power would be easy enough to take back when he was done with her. He sensed another powerful source of energy and ran off to acquire it.
This girl, Xianghua, and her companions were putting up a good enough fight. They were all wielding bits and pieces of the spirit sword. Perhaps they had heard of his rampage and wished to stop him. A staff struck his chest. It was certainly a good idea, attacking the center of his power, but the staff was drawn into him, providing him with more power. He stabbed Soul Edge into the ground and swung his claw, grabbing all of their weapons and engulfing them. At the same moment, he felt a surge of darkness coming in from his servant. He laughed at this, knowing now that Fate herself wanted Zasalamel to rule. To think, he had wanted to die!
As he killed the warriors who had opposed him, Soul Calibur reflected yet another far away image. Tira had killed Cervantes de Leon, taking in his immortal evil for her new master. For once, this immortal man was pleased. He moved to go back to the castle, but was unable to.
Zasalamel again collapsed, bile spewing forth yet again. He thought he knew what was going on. The two opposing swords were causing this, the opposite energies creating tumult in his body. Yet, he was almost done. All of the pieces of Soul Calibur where now back together, Nightmare had been taken back into the collective, as had the evil pirate and his daughter. This left only a handful of the shards of Soul Edge left to gather, “Tira, I have need of you!”
Black flames swirled up, forming themselves into the young girl, “Yes, my lord?”
“We have done very well. Only four remain to be killed,” he held out the spirit sword to show her what she needed to know, “In Romania is a pitiful shell of a man who has been using a bit of my sword to reform his country to his liking. In the Middle East is a shrine holding a giant golem of Soul Edge. In Mongolia is the last remaining member of Nightmare’s Lizardmen, and Charade is still loose and free. They must all be eliminated. After that, I shall grant you your ultimate reward.”
The girl smiled, “Of course, my lord. I must ask you to forgive this insubordinance, but why do you search the power of both spirit swords?”
The man chuckled, “Child of the dark, if you only knew. This power is so much greater than Soul Edge alone. Only the strong survive. You and I, we shall rule the world together,” The youth bowed deeply, then retook her shape as a hawk and flew west to the country of Romania.
The golem was not a problem. He had been lulled into a false sense of security by the overwhelming presence of Soul Edge. He had been slain and was now where he belonged, as a part of the collective. His assassin had already taken care of Raphael and Lizardman, leaving Zasalamel to search for Charade.
The living shard had presented no challenge either. Due to the nature of his birth, his being an unstable shard, he was immediately reabsorbed into the Sword of Heroes.
Tira stood, waiting for her master in Ostrheinsburg. Zasalamel smiled at her as best his beastly face could, “Very nice. Soul Edge is nearly complete. I am only missing one piece.”
“My lord, you said that there were only four pieces left. How can you still be missing a piece?”
“My young servant, you have served me well. Now I have but one last task for you. I need you to die,” he ran the assassin through, the eye of Soul Edge finally tearing open into a leeching mouth.
Zasalamel roared with feral passion as the full power of the shadow sword was pushed through his veins. Now he could fulfill his greatest wish, “Now nothing can keep me from eternal rule!“
“No, I must rule the world! I thank you for reviving me, humble servant! Now, Begone!” Soul Edge was taking over his mind. He had to redo what had been undone! With a huge power of will, Zasalamel was able to separate from the demon of Soul Edge.
He saw a gleaming, blue scythe in his hand, but the sight before him was more worthy his attention. Soul Edge had taken its true form back again. A flaming knight, dripping with black blood swung the demon sword at Zasalamel. He raised the scythe to counter it, slipping the blade into the being before him.
Soul Edge screamed, but Zasalamel could not let up now. He sliced across, trying to shatter Soul Edge. The metal was impenetrable, and Soul Edge’s fire was beginning to spread. Then he remembered how to destroy the Evil Seed. He grabbed the top of his scythe and stabbed the point into the immortal eye of Soul Edge.
The knight writhed in agony at the touch of the holy weapon, his flames burning brighter and brighter. They were soon white, engulfing the demon sword and its host.
As Zasalamel stalked away from the two swords, he failed to notice a single shard of the Sword of Heroes that still stood, thrust into the ground and broken off in the death throes of its wielder.
So now Zasalamel has new purpose in life. He is cloaked in the white armor of Soul Calibur, standing guard against the darkness sure to return from Soul Edge. He is now the White Knight.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:26 pm
It's very good! Hardly any mistakes, except maybe you could add a brief description of a few characters during the story since not all people have played Soul Calibur (Including me, I want to though).

One thing: Did Ivy have bones? Because if she did, shouldn't there have been bone fragments in her remains?  

hauu13

Fanfiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff