Reply Classical Musicians Guild
Examinations...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaiyi

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 7:52 pm
I'm preparing for my grade 10 Practical (RCM) for piano and these are the pieces I'm practicing right now:

-Prelude and Fugue in D major (Bach)
-Sonata in E-flat (k 282 - Mozart)
-Waltz in E minor (Chopin)
-Lotus Land (Cyril Scott)
-and Rondo No. 1 (Bela Bartok)

Most of them are easy, but I just can't get the hang of the prelude and fugue... stare

do any of you remember your past examinations?  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:04 pm
Yes I remember them all to well. I had one today. I was so nerveous that I totally had multiple train wrecks. I am a voice major, so piano is already foriegn to me. Anyways, I played my pieces ok (Minuet in G minor- Bach, Serenede- Gurlitt, and Arabesque-by some one I can't remember but not Debussy). This time they sat directly behind us and watched every single fingering. I just about vomited. My vocal exam is tomorrow and that I am more than excited for. I am singing Sacred Raptures Cheer My Breast by Handel and Monostatos's Aria from the Magic Flute by Mozart.  

IkaruTiger

550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Jaiyi

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:21 pm
IkaruTiger
Yes I remember them all to well. I had one today. I was so nerveous that I totally had multiple train wrecks. I am a voice major, so piano is already foriegn to me. Anyways, I played my pieces ok (Minuet in G minor- Bach, Serenede- Gurlitt, and Arabesque-by some one I can't remember but not Debussy). This time they sat directly behind us and watched every single fingering. I just about vomited. My vocal exam is tomorrow and that I am more than excited for. I am singing Sacred Raptures Cheer My Breast by Handel and Monostatos's Aria from the Magic Flute by Mozart.

I know, it's so nerve-wracking sometime when you feel them staring so intently at your hands so it feels like you've been playing in the wrong key the entire time. But it's great you made it through (I hope I will xD)  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:48 pm
I am sure you will do great! It may sound like odd advice, but let yourself live in the music and forget the world around you.  

IkaruTiger

550 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Jaiyi

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:23 pm
IkaruTiger
I am sure you will do great! It may sound like odd advice, but let yourself live in the music and forget the world around you.

I've never thought of an exam that way before... that's a nice tip, I'll try it, thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:38 pm
I just did my freshman year Juries today. They went well, I played a Baroque Oboe concerto by Tommaso Albinoni, and Incantation and Dance by William Grant Still.  

`Kel`
Captain

Camorelle

Shameless Stalker

13,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 am
i did ABRSM examinations. first grade was the worst for me. i was so nervous that i wanted to puke as i entered the examination room. my hands shaked a little and then when i played my pieces i almost cried. i was a perfectionist back then. when i played i made lots of mistakes lol but i got merit after all. not really that good and not really that bad =="  
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:46 am
haha, that's exactly what happens to me. I'm a complete perfectionist and I was playing the entire songs wrong back in my level 8 exam.  

Jaiyi

flamingrice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:46 pm
I don't really know those pieces, and I never heard of them, but I can't help you there, sorry......... sweatdrop  
Classical Musicians Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games