Welcome to Gaia! ::

HIMYM : How I Met Your Mother

Back to Guilds

for all HIMYM fans, and fans of the actors 

Tags: jason segel, alyson hannigan, neil patrick harris, josh radnor, cobie smulders 

Reply Older episodes
Season 4, Episode 22: Right Place, Right Time

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Panda Epidemic
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 am
So, I just watched it.

And if it had been any other show, I would have been totally pissed. I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but Stella is my absolute least favourite character. And not even just because she left Ted, but I don't know.. there's just something about her I didn't like. But this show always seems to make you think one thing, and then do another.

Plus, and someone correct me if I'm wrong here, wasn't there a fake flashforward, with Stella as the mom, and Ted was saying something about how, 'If I'd just let Stella talk to Robin, this might've ended differently' which one make one assume that it can't be her, right?

Also, I'm having some time line issues. When Marshall is talking about the failure percentage of Barney, he says that Barney has been having sex for 16 years. Yet, he was like 22/23ish when he lost his virginity to whatsherface, the older lady. So that would put him at 38/39?? That doesn't make any sense!  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:02 pm
1. Yeah, I think the ending was just for a little drama to keep things interesting for a fifth season.

2. I thought that as well when I saw it.

3. I'm not sure, but I don't think Barney said exactly when he broke up with his first girlfriend, so he might have just assumed 18 or maybe even 16,17.  

Greed001

Diamond Strawberry

mooinkie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:14 pm
yeah...i also thought that stella was SOO not the mom...
and i was confused with the barney thing too...  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:44 pm
I just thought the episode kinda sucked. It wasnt horrible, it was just a little boring. ya know what i mean?  

lildexx

Flycker

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:26 am
The thing with Barney is that Marshall had been sexually active for 16 years. Let's say he's 30, that would mean 14. But Marshall should have based the statistic on when he first became Barney he is today.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:17 pm
Flycker
The thing with Barney is that Marshall had been sexually active for 16 years. Let's say he's 30, that would mean 14. But Marshall should have based the statistic on when he first became Barney he is today.

... huh?  

A Panda Epidemic
Captain

A Panda Epidemic
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:27 pm
alright ya'll, i was dedicated to figuring this out. XD

In the episode The Yips, where Barney runs into Rhonda, he tells the back story with everyone there. And he talks about that first girlfriend who broke up with him and he said, 'So there I was, 23 and still a virgin.' he also mentioned the year was 1998, so technically he's only been sexually active for 10/11 years.

I watch this show too much..  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:54 pm
I messed up in saying that.

Marshall based his charts off of Barney being sexually active for 16 years but in reality it's about half of that.  

Flycker

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200

druidkin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 pm
I don't like Stella either!
I really hope she's not the mother, and have a feeling she isn't. Maybe running into her again somehow leads to him meeting their mother. Besides, didn't their mother have a yellow umbrella when he met her? Stella's most certainly wasn't.
I agree it wasn't a very good episode. Although the thing with Marshall getting addicted to charts was really funny. oh and I miss Lilly.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:10 pm
A Panda Epidemic
alright ya'll, i was dedicated to figuring this out. XD

In the episode The Yips, where Barney runs into Rhonda, he tells the back story with everyone there. And he talks about that first girlfriend who broke up with him and he said, 'So there I was, 23 and still a virgin.' he also mentioned the year was 1998, so technically he's only been sexually active for 10/11 years.

I watch this show too much..

I think Marshall used the fake age for when Barney lost his virginity. In the episode First Time in New York, every one shares the story of how they lost their virginity, and Barney lies saying he was 17 like Ted and then uses Dirty Dancing to make up the story of how he lost his virginity. Since Barney was 23 in 1998 he's about 33 now so he would have been sexually active for about 16 years if you use 17 as the age when he lost his virginity.  

MatickArt3

Older episodes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff