Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm
RyomaKun1992
Ribbin
I'm gonna go out on a limb and call everyone who thinks ToS is a bad game wrong. >_> Also, the fighting system is awesome. It was made for multiplayer and ToS delivered that. Aside from lovable characters and a captivating plot, just playing it with friends was fun.

As for RE5, I loved it. D= Why does everyone hate it?

The fight system had the same problem most real time rpgs do, lack of moves, since most of them ended up being a mixture of moves, and your basic A combo do old after a while, but I think the biggest gripe is that you could only move in 2D basically, though I will admit it was deep, I mean my friend could juggle enemies Tekken style...alone.
And even on ToS2 he did the same thing.
And I don't not love RE5, in fact I played it after I wrote that, but it was a big disappointment, especially after such promising trailers. As I said, less content, a completely frustrating professional mode, especially with comp partner(and cheap shots like on the boat level where it's nigh impossible to avoid dynamite falling in your boat and insta killing you both in one hit with full health), stupid comp AI that was only helpful in like one boss fight and other than that drained ammo and didn't know when to use a gun(Mine was trying to snipe with a shotgun), less enemy variety(Oh look, more majini...) A sheer lack of anything that kept me on edge, at least 4 had the oven guy and that thing in the bag that shook, as well as the regenerators(those still scare me), too much emphasis on co-op leading to many moments where progress is hindered by an obstacle that basically requires you to push one button and your partner another(seriously, if they'd put three switches Chris and Sheva woulda been screwed XD)
Weak character development of anyone besides Wesker, and the whole Gears of War envy thing with the cover system, and yet I still can't stop playing it. I guess the flaws are what make is beautiful.

You got insta-killed in the boat? Ouch.

Tales games have always been 2D battles. They changed it to 3D in Tales of Vesperia, and I disliked it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:33 am
Ribbin
RyomaKun1992
Ribbin
I'm gonna go out on a limb and call everyone who thinks ToS is a bad game wrong. >_> Also, the fighting system is awesome. It was made for multiplayer and ToS delivered that. Aside from lovable characters and a captivating plot, just playing it with friends was fun.

The fight system had the same problem most real time rpgs do, lack of moves, since most of them ended up being a mixture of moves, and your basic A combo do old after a while, but I think the biggest gripe is that you could only move in 2D basically, though I will admit it was deep, I mean my friend could juggle enemies Tekken style...alone.
And I don't not love RE5, in fact I played it after I wrote that, but it was a big disappointment, especially after such promising trailers. As I said, less content, a completely frustrating professional mode, especially with comp partner(and cheap shots like on the boat level where it's nigh impossible to avoid dynamite falling in your boat and insta killing you both in one hit with full health), stupid comp AI that was only helpful in like one boss fight and other than that drained ammo and didn't know when to use a gun(Mine was trying to snipe with a shotgun), less enemy variety(Oh look, more majini...) A sheer lack of anything that kept me on edge, at least 4 had the oven guy and that thing in the bag that shook, as well as the regenerators(those still scare me), too much emphasis on co-op leading to many moments where progress is hindered by an obstacle that basically requires you to push one button and your partner another(seriously, if they'd put three switches Chris and Sheva woulda been screwed XD)
Weak character development of anyone besides Wesker, and the whole Gears of War envy thing with the cover system, and yet I still can't stop playing it. I guess the flaws are what make is beautiful.

Tales games have always been 2D battles. They changed it to 3D in Tales of Vesperia, and I disliked it.

I did like the free run option in ToS2; it saved my a** easily on more than one occasion. Downside of it makes it balance out as well.  

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

RyomaKun1992

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:29 am
Ribbin
RyomaKun1992
Ribbin

Yes, me and this guy, several times. We kept killing everything beforehand with snipers as we approached but somehow random dinomite always got us.

And I realize that, but that's just my gripe with Tales in general. I still wanna get Vesperia and <3 tales though, and the free run on TOS2 was fun, but the combat....just wasn't to me, though my friend was having a blast with his Emil combos. I blame it on making the old characters so secondary.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 pm
RE5 sucks a**, RE4 was pretty freaking sweet ;3
Can we all agree on that? biggrin

The Little Fellow

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:46 pm
Tales! Whooooooo!  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 pm
I thought RE5 was pretty good. For a first try at co-op in a survival game, I found it successful. It was something I looked forward to playing with my boyfriend when he brought his PS3 to the dorm. Granted I also played RE5 on a 360 with my friend, and I HATED that one. Inventory was saved to specific gamertags and unless you played with the exact same person you started with, you lost half of your weapons. And at least with PS3, you could exchange weapons.

As far as the co-op goes, it was wonderful in my opinion. I remember my boyfriend and I would form little "strategies" for the tasks at hand. And there was nothing more nerve wracking than having nothing but glass between you and a hoard of Lickers. And hey, without infinite ammo and all that, Wesker was a b***h. My boyfriend and I had to knife him to death because we ran out of ammo.

Also, we can't forget how meaty the storyline was. I mean really, a lot was unveiled in those lab records. And (spoiler)
the return of Jill? Classic..Overall, I'm looking forward to the next one, which will probably clear up all the questions I had about Ada. And possibly this will open the path for a co-op with Leon and Clare? After all, they did run into each other in Degeneration, so I'm hopeful.  

KitsuneSaria

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces