Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Overwhelmingly Exhausted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vicente Valeteri

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:09 am
Oh, I have failed to create my roleplay in turn to join something with similar qualities. So that is not the purpose of this thread. The purpose is that I can not be here when the majority is. It is saddening. However, in spite of all this, those who I do communicate take days to respond. That is particularly upsetting. FC does not even satiate me, for it is the same.

Oh, I am rather disappointed. Gaia fails me because I fail Gaia.
Someone help me here, give me something to look forward to when I get online.
Private Messages, comments, posting here, I do not care.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:56 am
So you're saying a majority of the people you RP with, or interact with are not online when you are. This probably being that you have different time zones, or different hours of the day that you go online despite having the same time zone.

I still don't quite see the problem as an RP isn't judge by how many pages there are but what are in the pages. So if your RP is good and the persons participating in it are good, chances are the entire thing will be good, regardless of whether or not you guys log in at the same time.

A good RP takes time to develop, but that's the challenge. We have no control over the persons participating, thus we have to work with what we can control. But once it all comes together, all that tedious planning and thinking will pay off.

As for the looking forward to something when you go online, we all do. Sometimes I look forward to a few PM's, most of the times I'll just be happy when everyone in my RP has posted so I can go ahead and post. But we should learn to accept that Gaia is like life, moments of excitement are fleeting, sometimes plans will grind to a halt because of absences, but we have to accept that and work with what we have.

I'm not really sure if what I'm typing here is helpful advice, or just senseless babble. I'll leave you to decide on that, I just hope this helps you in any way.  

Dan the Dante

Familiar Guildsman

7,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100

Vicente Valeteri

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:00 pm
Primarily, I find what you have given me as deductive reasoning.
Deductive reasoning that I have already deducted.

However, the effort was in good spirit, so thank you.

The problem, I feel, is not a roleplay.
It is the immediate interaction one would like to have.
True, forums are patience-driven and that is not a conflicting factor here.
It is just disappointing to see that I have no one to talk with while the night passes.
Rather lonesome, once the process keeps repeating.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm
Well, for curiosity's sake...

What is your time zone and what are your normal online times?

Wirai

6,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Vicente Valeteri

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:48 pm
Centeral time zone.
Typical hours vary from when I am off work or not.

If so: Depends as to what my roommate is doing with our only laptop.
If not: 2:00pm-8:30pm then 7:00am-10:30am

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:17 am
Ah, well it seems that I can't help you there. I hope you'll forgive me for the rather long-winded text that I gave you.

Though, might I suggest going to the Towns or MTV Hills? Chances are someone's online there, and will probably be online the following day, at the same time.

Besides that not much I can do, I apologize for that.  

Dan the Dante

Familiar Guildsman

7,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items