Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Reviews
Beyond Good and Evil [video game]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll
  magicgold
View Results

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:02 am
I'm not sure what genre to put this game in. It certainly has a lot of stealth in it. But it also has collection elements, a huge mystery, and alien-fighting. You play Jade, a girl with a camera and a stick. In an attempt to save her people from the invading aliens and learn the truth about the overzealous soldiers who claim to be protecting everyone, she joins an underground network of rebels and goes on assignment to gather evidence. There's lots to explore in the world, both on foot and in the hovercraft. There are races to win, pearls to collect, and pictures to take of every creature on the planet, from the ubiquitous flies to the rhinoceros people at the black market. I was impressed by the amount of detail that was put into the local cultures and personalities and dialogues. Also, the music is most excellent, not just typical video game background music. I'm looking for a soundtrack. 3nodding The graphics are too impressive, since they caused my PS3 (!) to freeze a couple of times, but the problem was easily circumvented and well worth it. Even though the story itself is on a linear path, there's plenty of freedom to wander around and collect stuff without feeling like you're abandoning your goal. And collecting photographs is a fun and unique way to participate, especially since the photos you actually take are used in the newsletters, animal encyclopedia, and personal album, instead of stock photos that don't look like the ones you took. surprised This game was hella fun, and I highly recommend it to anyone. The story is so compelling that there's no room for boredom, and the action is fun. Hardcore gamers ought to enjoy trying to get top scores on the mini games and collection aspects, and normal gamers with enjoy everything else. If you don't like mini games or collections or races, don't worry; they're not necessary to completing the story! And if you don't like stealth, don't worry; it's a forgiving sort that restarts you in a nearby hiding spot when you get killed or spotted. And if you don't like exploring, well, you don't have to do much of that if you don't want to. Just collect your evidence photos and leave. whee But I recommend doing it all. I did, and I'm not exactly an expert gamer. And I enjoyed every minute of it.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:07 pm
This game was definitely one awesome game.
From the graphics and controls, to the story and surprise ending.

Definitely one of my all time favorites ^.^  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

Reviews

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces