Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
~Suggestions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abaddon Magnus

Raider

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:56 am
Race suggestion!

Auto-Breed or "The Automation"- Though generally characterized with any "modified" race, the Auto-Breed are typically human who in some way or another have reverted their former organic body matter (Ex. Limbs) in view for mechanical appendages. These are usually from the loss of other organs come in various forms. Auto-Breed are usually seen with new hands or feet but some cases go frightfully extreme with mechanical lungs and other "mock-able" internal organs.

Those who've reverted nearly every fabric of their bodies into machines are called "The Automation". These mechanical fanatics have deeply divulged themselves into a zealous organization of "purity" through "Steel and Spirit".

They are attributed to multiple cults which spring everywhere in the City because of this nearly all Auto-Breed are stereotyped as cultists or dangerous.

((I took note of the animal/robot peoplez in the "Unusual Races". o-o And maybe my idea isn't up to par?))  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:41 pm
I am putting this tentatively under Races. In actuality, I consider this more of a religion, and I won't permit any students to be hmm...what did you call them...anyway, fully converted. A limb or two is fine, that sort of thing. For a rough estimate, we'll say no more than fifty percent or so of the body wink

And for a race, the idea is acceptable - for a religion, the idea is excellent, and precisely along the lines of one that I created for a story I wrote when I was about ten. That's probably why I'm approving this so heartily - nostalgia whee  

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Abaddon Magnus

Raider

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:33 am
You're welcome for that bit of childhood fondness 83  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 am
Hey Hammy. You asked how the healing thing could be worked into Aura Academy.... Well, I just watched an episode of Naruto, and saw Sakura use her chakra to heal wounds.... was thinking about it, and realistically, why can't an Aura work the same way? Especially if it can be used as a weapon.

Obviously, there still are limits with it, and nothing is instantly healed, but it is almost like surgery without creating an injury that needs to heal.

That could explain why Gurnei can heal noticeably faster than others, not to mention, keeps her with the ability to heal others, even if not instantly or completely.

Maybe it's just me, but I like the ability to be useful in something other than offensive battle, and though I tend to make my characters able to handle themselves well, I like being able to help others.

On another note, you brought up the point that Auras are not currently well known and that is one of the points of the Academy.

Well though I have stated that she has astounding control of her Aura, let's say for arguments sake that she doesn't know how to control it yet, but as soon as classes start, she shows exceptional control and only has to try something once or twice to get it. Kinda like an innate attribute of a Gurnei.

Is that fair enough?  

Mercedes Raven Angelous
Crew

Aura Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out