Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
Aura Academy and the Omega Corporation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should AA include the Omega Corporation?
  Yes
  No
  ?
View Results

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:32 pm
Your First Content Decision

Congratulations to all who are currently members! You will now be able to be involved in the first decision as far as content or roleplays are concerned. I have arrived at a crossroads - I am currently considering making AA a dual roleplay, if you will. I intend to add subforums - just like the ones for AA - to allow roleplaying as an employee of the Omega Corporation, which would be basically the villains of Aura Academy stories. I would appreciate your thoughts and input on the matter, if you don't mind.

And yes, Omega Corporation has its own complex background, and its members aren't necessarily evil. It's just that some of the ideas I've come up with are so appealing that I think it might be enjoyable to allow people to be a part of OmegaCorp as well.

And yes, for those of you that are wondering, there will be a President of Omega Corporation. And to make this more interesting for you, no, it won't be me. If you are interested in the idea and decide that I should make it so, I will make the arrangements for the contest.

~Belfiar Le'Minz, Headmaster, Aura Academy  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:51 pm
I think the only problem would be the number of people that would need to be active. Other than that I am all for the idea, I did however select the '?' option so I could express my concern.  

Yves89

Jin RedSaint
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:07 pm
I must say it's quite the interesting idea, mostly because I do have some villainous character concepts like the Alchemist turned terrorist, The Gasman. Or maybe even a place to fit that corpse race I mentioned before.
It should be entertaining, though I would like to know the backround, it's it a underground crime syndicate, or an actual corporation with some foul intentions?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:01 pm
User Image
Omega Corporation is a legitimate business, one of many, that run their respective areas. They even provide the police force. You might think...um...anyone familiar with Shinra Corporation? They're somewhat similar. The problem is that they have many shady connections and are more than willing to use people, particularly those with Auras, for experimentation.

And yes, that would depend on how many became active. Setting that up would take a while, though. It's a thought - I might increase enrollment limit, but I doubt it, since even forty fairly active people could keep a dual roleplay guild going.

Because of this, I'm going to ask that, unless you have special permission, you limit your roleplay characters to one for the meantime. After all, you might also want to play a member of OmegaCorp.

And that is just if we do it, of course. However, so far the active people either have reservations, or are in favor of it.

This is a place for discussion, tho - such reservations are good and appropriate.

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

TwiFoxy

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:00 pm
How about we just have as few sub-forms as we can about Omega. If the story is more going around Aura Academy, then Omega should take a back seat and only get involved occasionally. If it becomes an 50/50 thing member may feel like they have an oblation to work with Omega more, just like you foresee. The request sheet is good, or you could allow an optional character for Omega usage with all members.

And I never studied much about Shinra, but I have learned some about it from the FFvii title, "Durge of Cerberus" game. It just taught me about the important people about it... not about the functions of the company itself.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:04 pm
User Image
Ooh, I love that game...It's the first game I've ever beaten and started immediately in to replay it. Did you get the Ultima Weapon?

*cough cough*

Err yes, back to business.

I think you're right - I appreciate the input. I shall limit involvement of Omega severely - and I shan't start it right now. If it is agreed that OmegaCorp should take part in the story, it shall have its own subforum, and only that one subforum. Those characters shall take a back seat to the characters in the Academy.

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Gary Glampire
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:00 pm
Ebilest Hamster
User Image
Omega Corporation is a legitimate business, one of many, that run their respective areas. They even provide the police force. You might think...um...anyone familiar with Shinra Corporation?

Well reading that really gave me a crystal clear picture of what you're talking about. Personally I do like the idea, it gives for some interesting potential not only for members in the Academy to possibly go turncoat, but for entirely new characters for current members to play if they can manage multiples. But, as said earlier, a clear issue I see is the volume of members that would be required for this to work truly effectively.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:24 am
User Image
I'm planning to start it when we have around thirty members, I think. That should be ample to keep both going, as long as the number of OmegaCorp people is severely limited 3nodding

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:42 pm
I agree that having subforums sounds like a good idea. This guild is Aura Academy, so OmegaCorp shouldn't take too much of our resources trying to add into the forums. Gary brought up a good point though, giving people the chance to go turncoat or others from OmegaCorp to join us.

Aura Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games