Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
Aura Academy - First Term Badge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you likey?
  Yes! I love it!
  No! You're terrible! Get out of here!
View Results

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:20 am
User Image
I think Gimp gives too much freedom to a non-artist. It's overwhelming.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:12 pm
I personally think it's a little plain. I know its supposed to be for "first term" members and all, but this is a steampunk world. I think if you made it look like a cog or something that would be pretty cool.

note: just because your "no" choice says you're terrible, I don't really think you're terrible smile  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:14 pm
I do like it, but I agree with the idea of maybe a cog design too. But, it kinda depends on how the academy is represented. Do you wanna portray more of a upscale, polished look, or do you want a more gritty steampunk image? (Maybe not the best choice of words, but you get my point, yeah?)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:24 pm
User Image
In answer to both of your comments, Boo and I are still working on such things as the patch itself. The image of the guild is a bit gritty, yes - but Aura Academy's students are clean, neat, and orderly...sometimes whee

Actually, the "patch" is just that. It's meant to look like a school patch, so the style is appropriate. I'm going to ask Boo to design something along the lines of a cog to celebrate the closing of the first official term. 3nodding

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

Kuyote the Fool

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:17 pm
That sounds like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:40 am
That does make sense, but I still think there should be a cog design in there somewhere. That doesn't mean the badge itself needs to be shaped like a cog, but say the gold trim is toothed inward so the blue looks like a gear or something.  

Gary Glampire
Crew

TwiFoxy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:04 am
Well If someone can make consept drawing, us graphic artists will love that. And maybe someone can look for a font we can use. Or make one. Frankly, I'd say I'm too busy to make a large project for the rest of the school year.

I know how to use vector art and make things shiny in photshop. And Boo can do wonders with simple MS paint. And I bet someone else out there has something to offer; So i bet we all can whip up something awesome!

Oh, I know a site for free fonts: dafont.com
I'll look though it this weekend, but I'll let everyone else know if they want to look and find something!

Mind tired and paragraphs are not comming into focus... Goodnight peoples DX.

Aura Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff